Pink Floyd The Later Years Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Tubak

Tubak Well-Known Member

At noon I received an email from Amazon Italy informing of the change of date, this morning when I bought it the date was the official one (November 29)

2. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

Yes, too most.

3. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Ya, there seems to be a delay in some areas, like italy, with a revised 12/13 release for the box, while the Highlights disc and Vinyl remain the same.

Would be swell if the box ended up being delayed everywhere, just so PF can slide in an extras disc. :whistle:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  4. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Can it be in a plain paper sleeve and plopped unceremoniously on top of the box??

5. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

I think that the delay in Italy has some economic reasons and is nothing official.
    November 29th is a sacred date since it's Black Friday and PF Records would definitely not loose this release day.

Beside: So far only amazon Italy has the delay...

6. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

You think The Later Years is expensive wait till The Middle Years comes out.

Start saving now.

7. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

They won't do it. Imagine the chaos having them all to agree on the content. Roger axes this, David cuts that, it would come down to nothing in end. Not to mention that The Wall and The Final Cut would be left off, as they are in Roger's control.

We'll be lucky if we finally get that Animals box. And luckIER if they somehow unheart a live recording from that tour that they are all happy with.

8. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Here's hoping they can just get the job done
    I just want Obscured By Clouds and Meddle to get official 5.1 releases, and Animals, The Wall and Final Cut to get 5.1's .... but I'm not holding my breath for any of it lol

9. tommyball

tommyball Forum Resident

"Supplement CD disc for incomplete '1987 & 1994 live recordings & unreleased studio recordings' CD supplied in error"

10. NunoBento

As for the great disappointment that The Later Years set has become to me personally (probably I'm to blame for holding my expectations too highly), I just hope that our Robin Hood friend at PFR (the guy who mistakenly included the "Obscured By Clouds" Remix on CD and who also mistakenly left the "Meddle" surround mix hidden on the BluRay), this time mistakenly leaves the complete "The Big Spliff" hidden somewhere on the set, as well as that axed CD with edits and demos. All by mistake, of course.

We may have a Trojan Horse at PFR and we don't know about it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  11. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

The things you mentioned were originally prepared for the release, nothing was added covertly. No such luck this time unless it's a deliberate Easter Egg.

12. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Maybe ABITW PT 2 and WTTM live video from DSOT!

13. NunoBento

I know, it was a joke. But they did pull at the last minute that CD with demos and such, right? I'm still crossing my fingers :D

Luisboa likes this.
  14. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

Response from amazon.it to a specific release date question:
    I can see that you've ordered it on 1 of September and since the item is possible to be bought, I inform you that the suppliers have confirmed that they'll provide us with the new inventory very soon.

At first the release date was from 4 to 12 of December however after that they have confirmed the date is going to be changed to be 18 to 30 of December.

I can assure you that they're working hard to provide us the inventory.

For sure we don't like to see this happen and our inventory team is doing everything in power to avoid such situations.

We do our best to ship the item the sooner possible within the coming days.

Sometimes, we allow our customers to book the items before they become available once the suppliers confirm the arrive of the inventories to avoid the probability of booking them when the price get increased, which may be possible if the they apply a higher price.

The delivery date will be updated when the inventory is procured.

15. vikerii

vikerii Well-Known Member

Don't do this to us man. Hope is a dangerous thing. Lol

RangerXT, NunoBento and zinan like this.
  16. Konez

Konez Active Member

wait, what got axed? I tried following the thread but then got lost! Please clarify.

17. They definitely will do it. That’s where the big demand is going to be. Money is an important motivator. You forget that Roger and PF can work together if they want to/when they have to. Heck, Jon Carin and James Guthrie are two individuals who seem to be able to traverse between both camps with ease.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  18. Didn’t they “fix” these issues for the release of the individual box sets? That tells me there was no “Robin Hood,” but rather a last minute decision to bury the content that went awry and a production/disc pressing error that they quickly had to cover for.

rontoon likes this.
  19. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Not anymore. PF and Guthrie are on less than amicable terms these days.

St. Troy likes this.
  20. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Hence why not much has been done with Pulse audio for this release?

21. Chains

Chains Forum Resident

And if I remember correctly, Jon Carin (and Phil M.) were "replaced" by Dave during the last tour. Did we ever find out why? Sorry, back to the topic.....

Mrmojo likes this.
  22. wilberforce55

wilberforce55 Forum Resident

Carin wasn't replaced, he elected a longer term job with Roger rather than the last few stops with David IIRC

St. Troy and Chains like this.
  23. Raziel666

Raziel666 Forum Resident

When saying PF you mean DG or does it include RW as well?

24. NunoBento

When I got that e-mail from Amazon.it, I thought it might have something to do with the faulty BluRays from The Early Years and that maybe they ordered the same media from Optimal and were now repressing the discs, so that the same wouldn't happen with this set. I hope that's not the case.

Of course there was no Robin Hood. You guys need to review that sarcasm filter.

There's also an insane amount of money to be made out of another World Tour, probably the largest amount of money the industry has ever seen and they won't do it.

25. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Shades of ABBA. IIRC they were also offered an insane amount of money and they weren't going to do it either.

croquetlawns likes this.