Pink Floyd The Later Years Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Hollowsanctuary

Hollowsanctuary Aujourd’hui, je dis bonjour à la vie

Any chance that the AMLOR remix will be released on RSD next year? The Black Friday list didn’t include any Floyd...

2. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Just crank up the live releases for crying out loud, what are they afraid of..,

RAZORMADE and hiterss like this.
  3. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Am I the only one sick of RSD releases? I'd rather they make stuff available exclusively on their own webstore or something than putting out exclusive RSD releases. That's just me though. RSD was a cool idea when it first started but now it's just become a way for labels to dump limited releases that are bought up simply for people to inflate the price on the second hand market.

4. Hollowsanctuary

Hollowsanctuary Aujourd’hui, je dis bonjour à la vie

I’m completely stressed out every RSD because of the Floyd releases. I’ve wanted the last two mono discs and I had to order Piper from Germany to get it and stood in line super early to get Saucerful... I hate RSD now. I went to the earlier ones years back, much more fun then...weren’t many eBay resellers back them. And RSD is just inflated prices...I’m still smarting as spending 35$ for a 3-track ep from U2 this year. Fool me once...

5. Tom Hinde

Tom Hinde Forum Resident

Any idea why the performances of Wish You Were Here/Comfortably Numb from the Albert Hall (which were from a date which was apparently filmed and used in David Gilmour's 'Remember That Night' DVD) with Nick Mason on drums weren't included, or even weren't included in Remember That Night at the time?

6. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

7. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

8. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Excellent news, I am hopeful for around €250 or less

9. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

I think we all expected a new teaser in the last days. The campaign for this box set it's been a disaster, this way a few fans will buy this box set before the released day!

tommyball and RAZORMADE like this.
  10. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Any source or was that just wishing?

11. Raziel666

Raziel666 Forum Resident

Apparently it was wishful thinking.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  12. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

A bit of both.
    The remix of One Slip was shown on Apple Music for a while albeit you couldn't buy it or listen to it.
    I assumed something was coming but it didn't.

13. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

The teasers have little to do with sales. They're obviously saving what everyone wants to see for last. Seems like a credible marketing strategy to me.

pathfinder_79 likes this.
  14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

This is so weird. I have the feeling there's something wrong with that campaign.
    What we got as teasers for this box set over the days and weeks was just previously released material.
    Normally 'new' content should come first to attract buyers. In that case some track from the Momentary Lapse album remix or an excerpt from the restored Delicate Sound concert film...
    [Edit:] Ah damn, I forgot the demo version of 'High Hopes'... But still, not much 'new' was presented.

tommyball, NunoBento and jonnyslb like this.
  15. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

The plan was to save the best for last to build anticipation. It's not too hard to understand.

16. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

Wow! Which retailer is that?

SilverCheek likes this.
  17. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

So Nervana is just the one from TER, according to the newest issue of Uncut.

I'm worried now that all of those "unreleased" 1994 recordings are going to be TER bonus tracks. The 5.1 is nice, but I was hoping for never before heard material.

18. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

Just for kicks

drum_cas and SilverCheek like this.
  19. What German retailer? Amazon.de drop the price to €350

20. vikerii

vikerii Well-Known Member

Alas, the "best" to me is all the stuff they removed from the set. Still I'm interested to see what others who do buy it ultimately think of it.

Edit: typos

Luisboa and NunoBento like this.
  21. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

The "best", what pretty much everyone is the most interested in, is the new mix of AMLOR and the improved visuals for DSOT (and PULSE to some degree). I'm sure that these will be posted last, just before the release. I don't see how delaying these teasers will affect sales in anything other than a positive way.

PhoffiFozz, Luisboa and ChillOnTheSun like this.
  22. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

Thanks!

23. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Wow, ya, I was expecting Nervana to be an alternative take or early version or something, considering its tagged as an "Unreleased 1994 recording"

24. ScaryMercedes

ScaryMercedes Forum Residents

I've been watching the PULSE TV spot on YouTube, and there's a scene where the blinking red dot flies past some CDs on a shelf in the unsuspecting fellow's house before eating it and barfing up an owl. (Not important.)

For some reason, I really want to identify the CDs on that shelf! The transfer is good enough that I can tell there's an "Ummagumma", a "Division Bell", and what seems to be "The Madcap Laughs", plus what looks like a lot of opera disks, Abba, and Talk Talk. All I know is, if I was propmaster for a TV spot like this, it would be very hard to keep me from sneaking "Radio KAOS" or "Amused to Death" on that shelf.

25. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

Is this something that you can talk about Ron?

St. Troy likes this.