Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I think if anything they may release venice purely for being historical but other than that i think we will just get adsot and pulse blu rays

2. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

I think we will get more than that, considering how much we actually got in the Early Years box. I think they have a lot in their archives. We will find out soon enough :)

andrewskyDE, RangerXT and rontoon like this.
  3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Not MTV or anyone else (like local news outlets) were allowed to film full sets. The band would never permit this.

St. Troy likes this.
  4. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Most of the video material on the early years box originated from TV and was known. Little surprises there.

5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Same is true about The Later Years. No real surprises but still looking forward to it. Someone here recently posted a comprehensive listing from this era which pretty much covered everything.

6. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

There you go (I added some soundtrack stuff to the odds and sods volume).

anth67, andrewskyDE, SteveFff and 4 others like this.
  7. That's a great list, but where are the casingle B-sides like the "synthesizer" solo version of "Astronomy Domine" and other live cuts with were used for the 'Division Bell' singles?

8. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Good job, that's pretty much almost everything but don't expect to get everything. And didn't TER come out in 2014?

9. NunoBento

Sure, but TER is not on the list. At least not in the mutated form that we got it. Plus, we still need to hear all those remaining TBSs there are in the archives. I sure do!

Oh and yes, I want it all! :D

andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  10. NunoBento

The live cuts can be used for the"Alternate PULSE", a collection that can be used to gather professional recordings of stuff that didn't appear on PULSE, or other versions of songs that were on it. I'm thinking about "Marooned" from Oslo or that very long "Comfortably Numb" from New Orleans, for example.

11. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Why wouldn't it be included in a Later Years box? Do you think they're saving it for The Even Later Years box? :p

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  12. NunoBento

Ah so they're including the original albums this time! Those were left out off The Early Years, except when they were different mixes.
    Unless you're hinting new Stereo remixes for the albums :D

RangerXT likes this.
  13. RangerXT

RangerXT Forum Resident

is there any official source to confirm this? that would be very cool if true

14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

No hard info.

RangerXT likes this.
  15. NunoBento

You mean regarding new remixes? Just guessing work at this point.

RangerXT likes this.
  16. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

I do wish a "total overkill" box for VERY wealthy Pink Floyd fans costing at least €2000.-!

ALL real rarities,meaning all the stuff not bootlegged before,must be available in this box only and be copyprotected against bootlegging/copying/counterfeiting by an absolutely secure system!

NunoBento likes this.
  17. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I might be in a minority, but I really hope they leave it be. AMLOR may be dated but it's an album of its time. I didn't like Zappa rewriting history and I sure wouldn't like PF to.

18. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I love AMLOR too but as long as it is just for inclusion in a box set, and thus does not replace the original version, then i am cool with it.

19. Honestly, I'd love if they gave AMLOR a complete makeover. Let the team that helped assemble/"direct" The Endless River have a free hand, so they can work their magic. Fly in some newly recorded parts, replace the drums, more guitar from Dave, new connective segues, you name it.

The results with TER turned out pretty amazing, imho, and it would be great to here those same creative folks work their magic.

20. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

No official release info yet and I didn't confirm or deny anything. I can't because of a confidentiality agreement but I do know the contents.

St. Troy, andrewskyDE, Sigma6 and 9 others like this.
  21. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Did you get to work on this one, Rontoon?

andrewskyDE and Rooster_Ties like this.
  22. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

Oh you big tease

andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  23. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

No, I did not.

24. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Understandable. But without mentioning details then... in your opinion, are there things left out that should've been included? (Hey, I can try, can't I? ;-))

25. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

How does that feel? Is it cool knowing, or annoying not being able to discuss it?

andrewskyDE and RangerXT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.