Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I'm looking forward to listening to the About Face out-takes from this box!

Billy_Sunday and rontoon like this.
  2. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident

I hope that solo stuff is not included.

Philrock90 likes this.
  3. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Well I’m excited for this box. I think the remix of Momentary makes it a must have.

I hope they make an Immersion-sized box to match the others. I wasn’t keen on the oversized Early Year box.

RangerXT likes this.
  4. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Why would it be? This is labeled as Floyd, not Gilmour.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  5. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

Not exactly. It was not like they started the sessions with lots of written tunes. As far as i know, they jammed for hours and played lots of snippets and little pieces. At one point the band (and i think, Bob Ezrin) decided which of those snippets were good enough to be properly worked for the album.

6. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

A new Momentary Lapse of Reason?

Now I’m excited. The drums on the original mix always bothered me.
    Thanks @roonton for telling us early so I can save some cash for it!

7. EndlessRiver

EndlessRiver Forum Resident

Unfortunately Rick never officially became a “member” of Pink Floyd after leaving in 1979. While the cd booklets after AMLOR list him w David and Nick the latter 2 own PF 50/50.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  8. oneslip17

oneslip17 Forum Resident

I'm probably the only person in the world that would actually really enjoy them, if that were the case. However, since this is to be a Pink Floyd box set, that wont be the case, unfortunately.

BeatleJWOL and Rooster_Ties like this.
  9. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

I see you wisely neglected to mention Zee!

RangerXT, NunoBento, petercl and 3 others like this.
  10. EndlessRiver

EndlessRiver Forum Resident

Sending a quick shout-out to our friend and PF expert Rontoon! Hope things going well and you are feeling great! Can’t wait for the Later Years Box Set! Cheers!

11. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I'm aware Wright was only a session musician on A Momentary Lapse of Reason, but by the time they were making The Division Bell he was a full member, wasn't he?

St. Troy, RangerXT, zinan and 3 others like this.
  12. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

Question, will the Lapse remix be presented in a High res digital version? I wish Floyd would go back and put out a high res version of every album.

mcallister likes this.
  13. David Jakubowski

David Jakubowski Forum Resident

Yes, he was fully reinstated sometime after the lawsuits with Roger were settled.

St. Troy and Azza200 like this.
  14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

This release should be no different than their others and I'm assuming that the HD version will be on the Blu-ray.

With this box all their albums from Meddle through The Endless River have been mixed in HD (except The Wall and Final Cut).

15. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

I know or pretty certain on Sorrow the last few verses it's Rick on Vocals live anyway not sure if that was the case on the album version.
    correct he was

16. AWESOM-O

AWESOM-O Forum Resident

But not Obscured By Clouds or Animals (yet) either, right? Or did the scrapped OBC HD make it out somewhere?

17. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

yes :yikes::pineapple::bdance: i am glad they resurrected the mix and its going be included in this box set.

xXFloydianXx likes this.
  18. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Animals is delayed but will eventually be released. OBC was done but pulled from TEY.

Sorry, my wording was confusing. I just edited the post.

19. AWESOM-O

AWESOM-O Forum Resident

No harm done; I just got super excited for a minute thinking they were available/imminent. :laugh:

rontoon likes this.
  20. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Yes, Wright sings backing vocals on Sorrow on both the studio album and live albums, according to Wikipedia. Mason, on the other hand, is absent on the studio version of this song. Gilmour opted for a drum machine, it seems.

St. Troy likes this.
  21. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

You've no idea how funny that is.

rontoon and Phillip Walch like this.
  22. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

Ahhh I see @rontoon has been doing that 'assumption' thing again :) normally means upcoming happy Pink Floyd fans...

rontoon likes this.
  23. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Will there be 5.1 mixes as well? Thanks for your insight and information for the Later Years box set!

Myke likes this.
  24. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

Piper - Obscured (excluding Meddle) The Wall and Final cut and Animals HD is not out yet is a big portion of PFs catalog to not have a High Res release. Wish they would take the time to release those missing titles. Most bands of the era have a more complete HD collection.

They just need to do a straight digital release of every album in 24 bit 96k. They dont even need to spend much prepping these just put the high res transfers they based all the recent releases off of.

25. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Then people would complain that half of the catalog is still missing in surround. I’d love a box of their full catalog in surround but if there’s the conflict between remixers I doubt we’ll see them all in one place.

rontoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.