Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RangerXT

RangerXT Forum Resident

As far as AMLOR content goes, while I would like pro shot footage of several different shows, the setlist remained exactly the same throughout the entire tour (save echoes played on the first 10+ dates) so I could live with just the nassau concerts.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  2. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Venice is much much more than just an AMLOR concert. It's Pink Floyd playing in the most beautiful setting any Rock band has ever played. It's History.

3. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

Venice is likely the only show we may get aside from DSOT IMO. Knebworth while it would be nice to get a cleaned up full version of that show. I somehow don't think we will as the owners of that concert are strict on licensing anything out from that event. Status Quo years ago wanted to release their set on CD in a boxset and it got blocked.

Be cool if they let Sorrow, CN,RLH on the box set but i'm not expecting any footage to appear from Knebworth.

4. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

For one thing Pink Floyd are no Status Quo. The licensing of video footage for TEY was a logistical nightmare compared to obtaining the rights to something like Knebworth 90. Not confirming that it would be included in any form but I wouldn't write it off.
    That's Gilmour's opinion, not mine. And if it's not on this release you'll never see or hear it.

Azza200, RangerXT, TheKevster and 6 others like this.
  5. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I was gonna say if they dont release it on this set it will never see light of day

6. NunoBento

What do you reckon it's essential but not included in the box?

7. Not even close. It starts seconds after a Beatles "50th Anniversary box set" thread opens three years before the anniversary the box is celebrating.

andrewskyDE, Philrock90 and rontoon like this.
  8. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

I can’t be the only one disappointed with the 50th anniversary Past Masters box set they’ll maybe be doing in 2037. ;)

9. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Question: Did they film a couple nights or only one concert at Earl's Court for p.u.l.s.e?

10. Ron would know, but off my head it was all of the nights because no other shows on the tour had been shot. He will have the definitive answer.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Please do not motivate me to start bank robberies.^^

CrazyCatz likes this.
  12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

It's like the Beatles fans that overreact about album remixes. The original versions will not vanish, of course!

13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

It's sad Ron wasn't even credited anywhere in the Early Years campaign.

14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Release in 2022/23? For the film's next anniversary?

15. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Considering that it was intended for a Pay Per View broadcast I'm assuming that just one night was shot. Still plenty of footage to chose from in the outside chance they decide to edit PULSE.
    No surprise, Loasby probably considers me to be an evil bootlegger. :nauga:

16. So, was it just all of the nights at Earl's Court were multi-tracked for audio release? This seems to be sticking in my head as happening in some capacity.

17. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I really have no idea and it's a bit to meta for me to enquire about it.

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I read that a few concerts in Europe were also captured on tape. At least one recording from Hanover in Germany ('Wish You Were Here', if I'm not wrong) was put on the live album.
    [Edit:] Just re-checked. 'Keep Talking' was from a gig in Hanover. There are also a couple tracks from a concert in Rome. The majority is from Earl's Court in London though.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  19. I wouldn't expect you to. In the long run, it doesn't really matter. Thanks.

rontoon likes this.
  20. Baidur

Baidur Forum Resident

I was in Earl's Court the first ten nights. Besides the Pulse night. There we're only camera's on the night before. But less camera positions. Always presumed they we're there for a test run before broadcast night.

21. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

The Pulse CD/cassette/LP/MD was taken from several nights of the U.K./European leg (including the PPV night).

The VHS/DVD/LD was taken from PPV night, 20.10.94 (with a few edits flown in from other nights).

22. NunoBento

Pulse is taken from recordings from the entire European leg.

23. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Well, Ron said that things will be left out that should be included. I'm not sure what exactly, I just hope they don't omit anything off of that hypothetical list that was posted some pages back.

24. mastaflatch

mastaflatch God's Only Nose

Do we know if some studio footage of the AMLOR sessions exists?

25. NunoBento

You mean the list that I posted? ;)

xXFloydianXx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.