Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

I'm very excited for this release and happy that a lot of live films will be included. I love relaxing with a good concert and a 6 pack of beers :)
    I very much enjoy live concerts and Pink Floyd 1987-1994 is great in my book!

RAZORMADE, rontoon, J_D__ and 3 others like this.
  2. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

DSOT & hopefully Venice are top of my wanted list for this release & i am so glad that DSOT is being given the remastered re-cut complete show treatment it deserves. Also i am intrested in what extra live content we may get on CD/DVD/Blu-Ray as extra's

Hopefully the Pulse concert is included on 1 disc which leaves room for some more live content on another disc or 2

3. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

A luxury easily afforded back in my college days. These days I either fall asleep in about 10 minutes or I just can't seem to find the time. That is why I'll probably end up enjoying LY on Deezer and YouTube... :)

ODShowtime likes this.
  4. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I’m looking forward to this release! Pulse was my entry point into Pink Floyd but after that I went straight back to the Roger era (1973-1980) and have never really found my way to the 1987-89 period. So this release will finally properly introduce me to AMLOR and DSOT albums and I’m most excited about the films.

Hoping DSOT and Venice (both of which I’ve ever watched) have been remastered to Bluray standards and that Pulse also gets SD-Bluray upgrade (for lossless audio, less video compression and having full concert on one disc).

5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I don't remember posting or reading anything regarding a complete show. Is this also on your wishlist or have you heard something I havent? DSOT may have a new edit but I'm skeptical about the content (track list) changing.

6. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

What are the b-sides that can fill a CD?

7. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

Bad news again

8. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Oh man. So they have not savaged the complete show for this new DSOT release? Jesus. That was the least they could have done.

I know my expectations were high, but this is quickly turning into a massive disappointed. I will refrain from further comments until I see the tracklist. So much potential for this box...

oneslip17, Luisboa and footlooseman like this.
  9. ries

ries Forum Resident

So will there be a uncut concert recordings from the AMLOR tour? I like the DSOT recordings but they are a bit neutered, with the cut intro of Ootd, that enormous BWOAAAAAAAAAAH sound during Signs of Life, ect. I had a audience recording wich I played more then DSOT wich is a bit too clean for me.

10. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Not that much I think, but Pink Floyd has never added extra tracks at the end of an album. So they need a place.

Luisboa likes this.
  11. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

when the aubrey powell said about it and said the complete show i and other's guessed it may be the complete show re-cut to include the tracks not featured on the original release.

"it was Aubrey Powell himself who confirmed that he is currently working on not only the exhibitions “Hipgnosis – Daring To Dream” and “Pink Floyd – Their Mortal Remains “ , but also a still “secret” new box set, or two, and is keeping himself busy.

It was also stated in the confrence that the elaborate box set should be available in November. He already has ideas for the cover.

Following this new information a member of Pulse and Spirit, our friends over at the german based fanzine posted that

“ I was in Wilhelmshaven on Sunday and there I had the opportunity to ask specifically! The LATER YEARS BOX should therefore be released in November 2019, including the complete concert of the Nassau concert in 1988 as part of the Delicate Sound Of Thunder tour "

NunoBento and ries like this.
  12. Technically correct, because "When The Tigers Broke Free" wasn't added to TFC at the end of the album. ;)

AlanDistro likes this.
  13. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Well then he may have been mistaken. We'll soon see.

14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

They may opt to do what Led Zep did with Song Remains the Same.

xXFloydianXx likes this.
  15. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

There should be plenty of extras on the bonus disc(s) some of which were never even mentioned here, IIRC.

Josip, drum_cas, RAZORMADE and 3 others like this.
  16. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

I wonder if any of Scott Page's archive will make an appearance in this set. He's posted a couple of snippets of video in recent years, but I haven't seen more than them. There's a (invite only iirc) group that he started awhile ago that has more stuff from this period.

17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Things like 'Peace Be With You'?

18. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

You need to learn to rip the audio from the video stuff so you can enjoy it with out having to watch it. I do it a lot with concert DVD's & BluRay's.

marcb and rontoon like this.
  19. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Well now ya went and mentioned it! :p

I. Rip. Everything!

20. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

Let’s see, I would love to hear the complete “Big Spliff” demo. There is the ambient piece that was cassette only track played prior to Division Bell tour that could be a nice 5:1 curio. Songs from tour that didn’t make Pulse. Wasn’t there at one time a cover song jam after party tape making the rounds during MLOR tour. Hearing jam sessions from DB that weren’t part of TER could be out there as well. All in all I’m excited to see what the band has in store to share on this set. I think it has a lot of potential to please.

21. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Oops! :ignore:

Larry Schmidt and rontoon like this.
  22. mastaflatch

mastaflatch God's Only Nose

Don't worry - it had already been mentioned (by me, at least).

andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yeah, I used to do that 25 years ago. I'd put funny dialogue from say, Frasier, on a cassette, seguing into a related song. Mix tapes extraordinaire. :winkgrin:

rbichamp, Jimbino and supermd like this.
  24. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Certainly one solution. I've no interest in creating a digital library on hard disk though.

25. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

As long as we're posting wish lists, I hope to have the version of "One of These Days" (21 October 1994) that ended up on the p·u·l·s·e cassette and LP, but in digital form.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    andrewskyDE, Sytze and JediJoker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.