Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

Surround releases and high res are different animals all together. You dont have to do a surround release to justify putting out a high res release.

A lot of the early stuff won't ever get surround releases due to lack of multi tracks

rontoon likes this.
  2. gabbleratchet7

gabbleratchet7 Forum Resident

Today my wife asked me to look into a few boxes of books she dug out of a basement closet. Turned out one of the boxes held a bunch forgotten of music media: several self-compiled VHS tapes of concerts and music videos I recorded off TV in the late 1980s, a Thorn-EMI Betamax tape of Genesis Three Sides Live, and my long lost LaserDisc copy of Delicate Sound of Thunder. Wonder if the player still works; probably in another box in the basement.

siveld, RangerXT, hiterss and 6 others like this.
  3. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Ik, r?

4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I'm very sure I can't afford the box set (well, in case it's similar big like the Early Years one).
    So I hope the Momentary Lapse 'revisited' version will be available individually later.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  5. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Yeah, I hope it isn't locked away in another "continu/ation" set.

6. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

That would make no sense at all. Not gonna happen.

7. xXFloydianXx

Good, I hope not. I don't like it when things get exclusively locked into box sets, as has been the case in other sets.

I'm just itching to see/hear this stuff!

BeatleJWOL, RangerXT, Azza200 and 2 others like this.
  8. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

You're not the only one.
    I would love a David Gilmour box set including outtakes and live concerts. Especially the complete and restored 1984 Hammersmith Odeon show on DVD/Blu-ray and the Meltdown and Gdansk concerts on Blu-ray!

9. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident

Ask Tony Dogs.

10. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I'm in if that ever happens.
    I would also like to have a waters box with KAOS live in it but not sure how much was both professionally recorded and still available.
    The KAOS shows were much better than the album

11. Baidur

Baidur Forum Resident

Pity I never had the chance to see that KAOS tour. I have owned a bootleg cassette in the past from the Wembley show. Still think it was the most interesting Waters tour. Would love a good live recordings from that tour to surface.

Also, with the info dripping in via this thread, I'm slowly getting more interested in getting this box set.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Runicen and coffeetime like this.
  12. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

There are professional recordings from the KAOS tour that have been available forever. Look for the 90 minute Westwood One broadcast and the 60 minute FM Wembley broadcast.

13. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

Im sure they recorded complete shows for the KAOS tour as well as P&C but they didn't film any to Rogers regret.
    I hope he will release live recordings of both tours some day

Baidur likes this.
  14. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I was just half-kidding. Though if Gilmour is in charge of this, in theory he can include whatever he likes from his solo career. Mind you, in the Early Years box they chose to put the live version of Echoes, which wasn't recorded in the time period the box represents.

hiterss likes this.
  15. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

It's not even close to being the same thing. Although the performance is from 1974, Echoes is from Pink Floyd's 1971 Meddle album which is featured in TEY. About Face is his solo record which would never appear in a Floyd release.

16. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

You're right, of course. I am just a Gilmour fan who won't stop dreaming!:D

BeatleJWOL and rontoon like this.
  17. ries

ries Forum Resident

really?

[​IMG]

18. xXFloydianXx

Damn, was just about to post this. Looks like they're back to the teasing!

And to be fair, it says DG & NM...with Wright. So he was probably their with them, but he didn't get fully reinstated until TDB sessions, iirc.

19. ries

ries Forum Resident

yeah I have the feeling they are reading this thread, those facebook posts are quite topical ;)

RangerXT and Rooster_Ties like this.
  20. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I'm dreaming of a Gilmour box! In addition to his solo work and live performances he's made a lot of guest appearances over the years.

21. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

This week while bathing in the atlantic ocean and watching the waves ive started thinking about this box and doing the maths. If this will compile the albuns as I read here a lot and if its more video than audio as @rontoon said (if I remember correctly) then this box will be the same size than TEY. Sure I want some more Floyd material (even from Gilmour era), Im a Floyd addicted, but I find a little absurd if this box will be the same size as TEY and I hope this will not be another hole on my wallet. I know the announcement of this box is near but what is the consensus so far as how big it will be?

22. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

In the original A Momentary Lapse of Reason cd booklet, only Mason and Gilmour were in the band photo. In the new booklet, all three of them are there.

J_D__, bobloblaw, RangerXT and 5 others like this.
  23. xXFloydianXx

As I originally said, he wasn't fully reinstated until TDB sessions. He was only recruited as a paid musician for AMLOR. Most of the keyboard work had been finished by the time he sort of came back. But he did some Hammond stuff and vocal as well, but very minimal.

24. Baidur

Baidur Forum Resident

I might be wrong. But if I remember correctly, apart from the court cases, one of the other reasons Wright wasn't totally back in the band during AMLOR tour was the fact that David and Nick were the ones who had invested the cash to get Pink Floyd back on track. So Rick was at first a hired musician just like on The Wall tour.

25. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

Yeah i remember reading that somewhere as well now that you mention it.

ries likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.