Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apache Chief

Apache Chief Forum Resident

Hopefully this means we'll finally get to hear Rick's keyboard solo on "On the Turning Away"

2. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

No Bowie Box?

3. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

ahhh I see I missed the changeover .... sorry ... i still want those, I don't need them in a box, one case each will do lol

mcallister and JediJoker like this.
  4. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I'm in the very small minority that can't stand 'On The Turning Away'! Really like the rest of the album though (even 'A New Machine') and can tolerate 'Dogs of War'...

ODShowtime, Zongadude and Luisboa like this.
  5. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Unless Live8 is being included in some form...

van1, Rooster_Ties, RangerXT and 5 others like this.
  6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

My family has a cat named Toby. It's a good cat name. :)

pscreed, Gavaxeman and rontoon like this.
  7. mark winstanley

I'm not sure why the dislike of Momentary Lapse really, I liked it.

For the experts .... I heard when the album came out that they had put forward something prior that had been rejected, because it didn't sound Floydy enough... Is there any truth in that, or what it just tongues wagging?

8. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

It is not very likely since AMLOR sounds quite a lot like About Face. I don't expect that Gilmour made something completely different between those albums.

mark winstanley likes this.
  9. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

Bring on the Publius Enigma content!

10. mark winstanley

Ok, I just remember when it was released that something was said about there being another version ... not sure if it was remixed or what? but supposedly the first copy put to the record company got that reply, but it is a lot of years ago

11. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I thought the same thing I guess it depends on the amount of discs but I would prefer a large box so a book could be included,don't care at all for the individual pamphlets in TEY.Also any chance you will finally get a shout out in the credits for this one Ron?

12. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Im totaly with you. But i add i cant stand also learning to fly.

13. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Less than zero since I didn't contribute anything to this one. I'm pretty sure they have everything they need.

14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I've read in the comments of this article that during the art exhibition in Wilhelmshaven some guy asked Powell further infos about the Gilmour/Floyd set: possibly the full Nassau '88 concert will be part of it.
    Also, the new Animals artwork might look like this: the Battersea Power Station (plus pig) surrounded with construction cranes by night.

rontoon and NunoBento like this.
  15. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

frydrooling.gif

I'm seriously pumped for this set. I want it NOW. I know there's the '87 rehearsal footage on YT, and the saxist from the tour Scott Page has his own archival stuff from the period that could be put in with the set too. I'm just thrilled with getting the concert films, and possibly a remix of AMLOR.

NunoBento and andrewskyDE like this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

If that's big (and expensive) again like the earlier set I hope this also comes out with individual volumes.

17. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I am an engineer at the Battersea Power Station redevelopment (if you see the 4 towers behind it, they're "mine"!) and haven't seen any pig flying! Digital Reconstruction maybe?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    JediJoker, Fred1970, Kalli and 8 others like this.
  18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

In the article's comment just the power station and cranes by night was mentioned, but without the pig it's only half of the Animals artwork, so I'm sure this will be added on the cover in some way.

NunoBento and mark winstanley like this.
  19. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Maybe a lenticular cover or something? Tilted one way shows the original art, and the other way shows current state. Or just have a pig appear when positioned in a particular way. Gah, who knows. Whatever they have planned will probably be better than my idea, lol

zinan, JediJoker and andrewskyDE like this.
  20. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

I do. Yes, I want the other stuff, but if this is done right, I'll love this and look forward to it. I would really love to have the complete non-voice over tracks from La Carrera Panamericana. And for that matter any unreleased jams and studio stuff.

St. Troy, rd1, NunoBento and 2 others like this.
  21. TheKevster

TheKevster Forum Resident

Given how just how unspeakably dire "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason" and "DSOT" are, maybe good names for this set include:

Constip/ation
    Counterfeitis/ation
    Mulletis/ation
    Discontinuis/ation
    Commodific/ation
    Depersonalis/ation
    Disintegr/ation
    Automis/ation
    Lobotomis/ation
    Recolonis/ation
    Frustr/ation
    Affect/ation
    Deleg/ation

Or, best of all...

Abber/ation.

Personally, however, I think I would go with: "Utter crapfest that's aged very badly and now just seems like a stain on an otherwise unimpeachable legacy"

Billy_Sunday, Frans T, Sigma6 and 6 others like this.
  22. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Desertific/ation
    Exasper/ation
    Nullific/ation
    Polariz/ation
    Abomin/ation
    Traumatiz/ation

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Frans T and pinkrudy like this.
  23. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I think a stark black and white photo of just the under construction plant lighted at night on an LP sized box would look great.

NunoBento likes this.
  24. MelodyFair

MelodyFair West Coast Suburban Hausfrau

Maybe they can finally release a final album that's worthy of their legacy. Endless River and Louder Than Words felt like they should have been the extras in a box set.

rockclassics and NunoBento like this.
  25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Why are you saying Louder Than Words as if it were an album title, when it's a track on the Endless River album ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.