Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

This ones ones nice, and I also hope they put out the *original* TBS 14, which is, imo, better than the version on TER.

2. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

@rontoon Do we also get a spoiler about how the big box looks like? I'm very interested.

Gavaxeman likes this.
  3. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

"Even closer" said rontoon....i'm absolutey excited now!!!!!

SteveFff likes this.
  4. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

My bet is on a 6th volume exclusive to the box with Venice + Knebworth + a few odds and sodds. The big box must have a draw.
    Plus, that volume 2 is way too big ;)

SteveFff, webthias, rontoon and 2 others like this.
  5. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

That's a good point! I could easily see a sixth volume containing Venice, Knebworth and other odds and sods, maybe even a 1994 non Dark Side show on CD... probably not, but it would be a nice addition.
    I have no hopes for any LCP stuff, but I expect/hope for a few surprises that none of us have thought of.

6. oneslip17

oneslip17 Forum Resident

Damn.

NunoBento likes this.
  7. You know, there's a certain charm to the fidelity of demos like this. It's not the only way I'd ever want to hear them, but I don't find the limited frequency range off-putting at all. There's like an hour's worth of demos by The Police that are very much like this -- i.e. circa 1980's "cassette" fidelity, maybe a couple generations from the original.

Totally takes me back in time hearing stuff that sounds like this, I'm tellin' ya -- which is a good thing. :shh:

8. NunoBento

Ron didn't talk a remix, but he mentioned a different edit on PULSE. Maybe this means full Sorrow and CN? I sure hope so!

Oh and I'd be very interested in seing the full comparison, but can't seem to PM you :(

9. Sluggy

Sluggy Forum Resident

Same here (quietly)

10. NunoBento

I love these jams. Screw La Carrera Panamericana, this is by far and away my number 1 wish for this box set.

tommyball, xXFloydianXx and rontoon like this.
  11. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I'm not sure how this got passed me but it did. Thank you for publishing the review.

I *cough, cough* "stumbled" across this last night and have been listening to it this morning. I am impressed with the flow and how well this is done. It is a lengthy listen but easy to listen to.

BeatleJWOL and NunoBento like this.
  12. NunoBento

As of yet, I only had the chance to listen to the first suite in detail, having only listened to bits and pieces of the remaining suites. A few notes regarding this.

This mashup has several very interesting bits. The addition of the Soundscape effects is dead on. Fantastic stuff.

I’m fine with most of the switching / relocating, but “What Do you Want From Me?” should have never been moved. It MUST start after “Cluster One”, as that segue is one of the best moments from TDB and, should I say, the entire PF discography. Sacrilege.

The new segue from “Spring ’69” to “Allons-Y 2” needs some work too. Feels rushed.

That expansion of Poles Apart with the removal of the carnival section and insertion of Surfacing feels forced.

The suites are also very uneven. This project should have kept a limit of 20-25 minutes per suite to fill a side and do 4-6 suites (2 or 3 records).

Having said this, the project is a great idea. Just needs more work.

I'm yet to hear more mashups.

13. webthias

webthias Forum Resident

If you liked this one maybe you should try the other one mentionned in this thread.

14. tommyball

tommyball Forum Resident

:laugh:

Whatever the price is for this set... I'd pay that just for official, dialogue-free & clean LCP instrumental tracks.

Larry Schmidt, bobloblaw and Big Pasi like this.
  15. xXFloydianXx

Slightly off-topic, but anyone that is looking to get a WYWH+Gilmour era fix, definitely check out [Floyd engineer] Andy Jackson's solo work. I particularly love this one the best, but they're both great.

[​IMG]

16. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

Is there anybody out there? :)

coffeetime likes this.
  17. rockclassics

No - I'm in here. :winkgrin:

18. rockclassics

I suspect that if there is additional material from Division Bell and The Endless River in the TLY set, then we will see an updated version or new version of this mashup.

NunoBento likes this.
  19. I bought both of Andy's CD's (this one, and I forget the other), and rather inexpensively somewhere - maybe eBay (iirc) - about 6-8 months ago. But I really need to spend more time with them. I don't think I've spun either one more than 2-3 times each, and not in months -- mostly because of how busy I've been (so not a reflection on the music).

Hattipper and xXFloydianXx like this.
  20. NunoBento

I'd love to have it too, but since we know we won't get it, I'm getting my mindset to tell me I don't need it :laugh:

tommyball likes this.
  21. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

are we getting a spoiler today or did I miss it?

rontoon, tommyball and Luisboa like this.
  22. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

ALL AUDIO

A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON
    Remixed stereo & surround.

DELICATE SOUND OF THUNDER Remixed stereo with pretty much all extras previously mentioned.

VENICE and KNEBWORTH 90.

DIVISION BELL and THE ENDLESS RIVER feature previous stereo and 5.1 mixes.

Plus outtakes & extras most of which are from the Division Bell era (no surprises there since that's where TER tracks originate from). More TBS outtakes (but probably not in it's entirety), some singles and b-sides, jams and more surprises!

End of transmission. :wave:

23. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I’M IN

24. xXFloydianXx

YES, Im in all the way.

25. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Peace Be With You?

Felix Atagong likes this.
Thread Status: