Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Here's one more poster to inch us closer to the 100th page. Unfortunately I couldn't find a higher-res version. But I love the design of this one too. You can find more at the PF Archives website. I really hope this one and others are included in the set.

[​IMG]

2. dirie

dirie Forum Resident

What a wonderful poster that is! It would be nice if some of those posters were reprinted in the best possible quality. They would look fine on the walls of every music room (and other rooms as well). :)

3. Haggischomper

Haggischomper Scottish AF

Exactly the type of thing I'm looking for to adorn my walls. Only PF I have up thus far is the Division Bell heads for a Cleveland concert. It's fine, but I do love these more unique efforts

xXFloydianXx likes this.
  4. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

With Abbey Road announced no more obstacles in the way. It’s time!!!

100 yet?

Gavaxeman likes this.
  5. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Wow, is that poster still available?? Don't think so but I can ask. How big is this beauty?

dirie and Gavaxeman like this.
  6. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Do you mean '94?

7. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

A few pages before, i asked, if there is a longer version of round and round from AMLOR.....

Some people thought that this is not serious...

We have checked that and the source for that is Vernon Fitch...

St. Troy and bobloblaw like this.
  8. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I look at that now as an opportunity.
    Release a curated BBC set with the stereo 'In concerts' where mono was used, and make some Broad claims about newly discovered better generation masters, and include anything that was missed. Maybe include some TV stuff on DVD or Blu Ray complete BBC sessions.

Maybe even release it for the respective charities of the band members so winners all round

9. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

No it's not available anymore. If it has been, it likely was a repo or maybe a rare original that went for a pretty penny.

The original poster is listed at being approx 17x26in

Lost In The Flood and mestreech like this.
  10. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

Funny thing is, it was the later period of Pink Floyd that really made me a fan...well, starting with the Wall, anyway. But at one point I liked AMLoR better than DSotM. (I’m no longer of that opinion, mind you.) For a long time, I looked at their earlier stuff as more a curiosity than anything I’d really listen to frequently.

Nowadays, I’m almost the reverse...I can listen to something like More or Obscured by Clouds repeatedly, but AMLoR is a curiosity and an example of nostalgia. As in, “huh, THIS used to blow my mind?” TEY was really instrumental in me reconsidering their pre-Dark Side stuff.

All that said, I’ll still probably buy whatever this ends up being. Or, it will make a fine item to add to the Christmas list.

St. Troy, bobloblaw, Kristofa and 2 others like this.
  11. Hardhog

Hardhog Forum Resident

Maybe we should all rest in silence then, and wait for the official announcement.

serj, Billy Infinity and D-rock like this.
  12. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Or maybe we can just stay on topic and discuss this release? Wanna speculate about a Middle Years box? Then start a thread on it.

13. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

Let's discuss...

I will ask this again:

What do you think? Does the new AMLOR remix has more changes than drums and keyboards? For example sorrow with ending like the live version...

St. Troy, andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  14. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Ohhh... That would be awesome. Years ago I edited a version of Sorrow to end like that. I just can't get past the uninspired drum machine though. I can't wait to hear it with real drums. The live versions have always been my go-to for a Sorrow fix.

15. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

Another question:

Does anybody think that David Gilmour changes any of his parts...vocals or guitar

16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I think that some drums were rerecorded and only a few synths replaced. Not everything is being changed. I don't think that they'll change the end of Sorrow or any other song for that matter.
    No. I seriously doubt that this will be the case.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    St. Troy, RangerXT, drum_cas and 2 others like this.
  17. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I hope its minimal change im looking forward to this and the 5.1 mix i think AMLOR is a brilliant album one i can always listen to from beginning to end

St. Troy, RangerXT, tcj and 3 others like this.
  18. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

I thought, that they dropped every old drum part that Mason did not play...

Can you explain "prerecorded" in other words, please.

Perhaps they use an old demo and play new overdubs... i'm dreaming...

19. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

It was a type-o that I corrected.

pinkpurpl likes this.
  20. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

Hmm, I was hoping that Rick's intro to On The Turning Away would be mixed in, I read somewhere he recorded one but it wasn't used. It's a highlight for me in live versions.

21. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

If there is no original studio album in the box.... do we get roundabout 50 minutes of demos from Division Bell tracks...?

I never heard of outtakes (minus endless river tracks). Does anybody know if any tracks from Rick Wright's Broken China were originally from the Division Bell sessions?

NunoBento likes this.
  22. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

me too i find it such a brilliant album and can listen to it from beginning to end on a regular basis.

tcj, gabbleratchet7 and Philrock90 like this.
  23. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Ok, so AMLOR won't be radically re-recorded like Bowie's 2018 version of Never Let Me Down (which I like BTW), but instead have more minor adjustments. I'm looking forward to it!

24. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Ha. Yeah. I forgot about that, although for the hidden Meddle mixes, rather than an issue of quality control, it seems an awful lot like someone wanted the powers that be to think it had been removed but wanted fans to find it. I’ll take it. At the end of day we only missed out on one of the new mixes - OBC 5.1.

D-rock, Simon A and croquetlawns like this.
  25. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

thanx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.