Pink Floyd whats next ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

Only bootlegs and VHS transfers to DVD, quality is not great. Nothing was ever officially released from the band. PULSE was the only one to get an official DVD release.

andrewskyDE and coffeetime like this.
  2. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

Maybe the Wall in 5.1--that was supposed to be in the works around the time of the Immersion set--but seriously, there can't be much more to put out at this point. Animals is just about the only classic album that hasn't been released with bonus tracks, and other than live material from '77 or a surround mix, I don't think much exists.

I've bought pretty much everything they've put out by now, but I'd say judging by this year's releases the well is pretty dry. A thorough, band-commissioned documentary would be nice, but even then, two of the principal band members are already gone. And how much more can we rehash Syd's demise and the Dave/Roger split in the 80's?

3. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Wasn't Roger planning on doing The Wall live on the Moon?

4. Well, they have a Pink Floyd traveling "Their Mortal Remains" exhibit that was at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London when were there in June. It was sold out to the point where we could not get a ticket on a day's notice. I think the run ended in September. I suspect this exhibit will be moving along to several major museums around the world.

Link:
    The Pink Floyd Exhibition

I am just a new boy, stranger in this town...

Zeki likes this.
  5. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Yes, Tempe and London were both from multi-tracks and sound phenomenal. Of course, the Tempe show is incomplete on the blu-ray. It was great that they released the remaining tracks from the concert as downloads, but they need to release the complete show as it happened. Luckily, I have the skills to make just such a thing for my own enjoyment!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :righton:

jlf, andrewskyDE, Sean and 3 others like this.
  6. Correction, I went to the site and it just wrapped up October 15th. I do expect it will re-appear in other museums around the world.

I am just a new boy, stranger in this town...

coffeetime likes this.
  7. parman

parman Music Junkie

Kind of shocking

8. Johnny Feathers

Yes, there is that. And it will tour--they posted something about "where will it be next?" I'm hoping for the Chicago area, myself. We got the Bowie exhibit, which was great, and the Rolling Stones exhibit, which I didn't much care about, but was still somewhat interesting.

The "Rock Artist As Museum Exhibit" seems to be the latest iteration of how rock stars can evolve/make money these days.

9. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

You join Several Species Of Small Furry Animals and Gather Together In A Cave And Groove With A Pict, move back three spaces.

10. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Never managed to get down to the V&A myself, keep meaning to get the hardback catalogue book by way of compensation. WIll go nicely with Early Days and the Immersion sets.

And welcome to the forums! Always good to see a new face. As you’ve no doubt seen if you’ve lurked for a while, there isn’t an obscure corner of music fandom we’re not prepared to rake over at length for a good few years here :D

11. The Ole' Rocker

The Ole' Rocker Forum Resident

I know this can’t possibly ever happen, but I pray that one day I’d be hearing a remix of some of the Piper at The Gates of Dawn-material. Not that it is really required; but the prospect is very interesting. Imagine a stereo mix of See Emily Play? Oh, god... If only there are able to find those missing reels...

12. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Like others have said I'd love for some kind of Animals Immersion set however I just don't feel like they have much material to make it worth it. I mean sure they could probably do the studio album something in 5.1 or or Hi-Res (which I'm sure some people would love) but beyond that I don't think there is anything groundbreaking that we haven't heard already in the way of live stuff that they could significantly upgrade. They could some audience shows, maybe release the demo of Dogs with Roger singing all the verses, etc...
    Personally I feel like they already did Immersion sets for what they were planning to do and put out the Early Years to cover the rest. They put the early live versions of Dogs and Sheep on the WYWH Immersion set so I think that says something too.
    If they did release any kind of expanded Animals set however I would buy it :)

Realistically I'd love to see a Blu Ray of the original Pompeii film.

Billy Infinity and AlienRendel like this.
  13. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

I should correct myself, Delicate Sound was released on Laser Disc, and some of the bootlegs out there may have been sourced from the Laser Disc, but I have yet to hear about any of them being of good quality. It defiantly needs a good official release.

parman and coffeetime like this.
  14. If they again break it up into several volumes so I can decide what to pick up and what not, I'm in.

15. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

I'd be shocked if they released a later years type set. I feel like they did Immersion sets for what they considered worthy and then released an Early Years set to cover the rest.

16. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

I believe this was included in the Box Set, Pink Floyd - The Early Years: 1972 Obfusc/ation with a new 5.1 Mix

17. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Blu-ray video?

18. Thanks, I also answered a post about the re-release of the Carpenters collection, which my parent's tortured me with until the time of Sony Walkmans and headphones, at which point I was listening to whatever I wanted, ELO, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Led Zepplin, Rush, Boston, Journey, ZZ Top, and so forth. I am partial to British artists, especially ones who "tell stories in their music", rather than just taking something off the big company song list and just performing it...

19. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

. :)

20. Johnny Feathers

Technically yes, but it's the version with the crappy CG on it. And honestly, it looks pretty bad.

Oliver likes this.
  21. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

The ORIGINAL without the Director's cut, please!

22. There must be much more in the vaults from the 1973-1983 era than what's on the DSOTM and WYWH immersion sets. I'm sure they can fill a few more volumes with things that are not or only partly on the Immersion sets.

Sean and andrewskyDE like this.
  23. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

I'm sure there's more but I think it would be more scraping in regards to additional stuff not on Immersion sets (like maybe another Dark Side/Wish You Were Here live set). I'm not saying I would mind at all if they released another box my gut is just stating how I think they would be looking at it. Would they release a box of even more obscure, maybe lesser quality stuff that would be pretty expensive for pretty much the absolute die hard fan where the Immersion sets weren't enough (again I would be totally cool with it if they did :) ).

24. Johnny Feathers

The one thing that I think MIGHT exist would be a good/decent quality video from the original Wall tour. They've talked about how bad that footage was, but the clip that appeared on the Wall Immersion set looked really good, IMO. Still, the Roger Waters live blu-ray from a couple years ago will likely make it look shoddy by comparison.

Otherwise, I think they really did themselves a disservice by not filming their 70's tours. I think if there was anything decent we'd have seen it by now, but then they did include some pretty sketchy footage on the Early Years set.

I'm of the opinion that we've seen/heard most everything there is to see and hear from the band.

Keith V likes this.
  25. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

A LEGO™ Set with figures of roadies, band Members, and an overly enthusiastic fan with spit marks on him and trucks and a screen (batteries not included) and a stage and little instruments and a wall and a pig and stuff like that.

Or maybe just the Spare Bricks Album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.