Pink Floyd whats next ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Well, all I can say to that is:

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

andrewskyDE and hi_watt like this.
  2. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

I’m always amazing at what goes on in this world day after day. Maybe I’ll get a pleasant shock one day to open my iPad and see that David grew a pair and told Polly and her crappy lyrics to F-off, and Roger pulled his head out of his **** long enough to get the Floyd back together for a new album. I’ve seen both Roger and David perform in the last two years, and they are both still at near the top of their games, but worse without each other.

hi_watt likes this.
  3. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

I think I read somewhere that the shows were recorded on a Nakamichi cassette deck, not a Nagra reel to reel.

hi_watt likes this.
  4. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

there was a picture of the 77 SBD setup which showed the Nagra I think......thought I saw it awhile back.

hi_watt likes this.
  5. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

The 1977 soundboards could have been recorded on a g-ddamn Fisher Price cassette deck for all I care, I still want 'em!:D

6. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

If you find the picture, please post it here. The article at the following link contained the following statement:

"One very interesting bit of data about the tour is that every show was recorded on their Nakamichi cassette deck, mostly for tightening up the show during rehearsals, but its value as archival material is priceless, so EMI and CBS are you listening?"

Pink Floyd news :: Brain Damage - Animals - the 1977 album and tour analysed

7. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

First love the avatar. Best Gene picture ever. I just read today that a new box set was being released. Seen it on Twitter, but don't recall the details.

Floyd fan 71 likes this.
  8. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I look forward to another big boxset hopefully a animals 5.1 will be included

9. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Could have been there for playback of pre-recorded tapes used in the show, no?

10. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Wow! That's great news!

11. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

Taps

12. DeadParrot

DeadParrot Forum Resident

FWIW, I’m still hoping for some kind of Syd Barrett anthology, going from his earliest recordings in 1965, up until his last session in 1974. Maybe, throw in a few tracks that haven’t had an official release yet, like the instrumental version of “Vegetable Man”, “Reaction In G”, “Living Alone”, the early take of “Swan Lee”, the untitled Sound Techniques track, and “If You Go, Don’t Be Slow”.
    Do some nice liner notes, and maybe some input from the other members of Pink Floyd, and the Barrett family.

Runicen and andrewskyDE like this.
  13. Yodelgoat

Yodelgoat New Member

I'll keep it simple... Another Rattle that Lock is perfectly fine with me. If that's in the cards, I'll buy them until my social security expires.

No Bull, Sean and coffeetime like this.
  14. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

The end

15. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Among my wish list (no particular order)

1- Live at Pompeii Blu Ray + CD. PROPERLY remixed in stereo and 5.1, with loads of extra footage, uncut version, theatrical version, original quad mix, etc, etc

2- Delicate Sound of Thunder Blu Ray + 2 CD. Newly mixed in stereo and 5.1, including missing songs. New video edit featuring full concert. Documentaries, rehearsals, promo films, etc

3- Meddle 'Immersion' set. Incl new stereo and 5.1 mixes, original Quad mix, ALL the takes from 'Nothing' to 'Return To Nothing' and finally 'Echoes'. Work in progress, multitracks, live material, etc.

4- The Wall Live 1980-81 Blu Ray. For the very first time, the complete Live Wall presentation. Mixed in stereo and 5.1. 'The Wall Lost Doc', 'Behind The Wall', interviews, rare footage, original tour programmes, etc, etc

5- Pulse Blu Ray + 3 CD. Newly edited and mixed in stereo and 5.1, incl ALL the songs performed at Earls Court. 'Soundscape' included as well

16. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

Were there any Pink Floyd Christmas Fan Club flexies they could issue a nice box set with?

Charlie Z., Baidur and steveharris like this.
  17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I remember that pic. This one is prior a Floyd concert in Rotterdam, 1977.

[​IMG]

Yeah, possibly it also can be the shows' sound effects.

rontoon likes this.
  18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

no way, no how....ever.

too much money to be made with little or no work to be done.

there will be pink floyd material released , literally, forever.

same with the beatles, stones, dylan, hendrix, elvis and possibly miles davis.......at some point in time all the others will fade into oblivion.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  19. HomerJAU

HomerJAU Well-Known Member

No one wants a Meddle immersion or official 5.1 release?

I want Animals and The Wall in 5.1 (in that order). Pulse on BDV.

ponkine and Instant Dharma like this.
  20. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

meddle 5.1 official release
    wallive 3LP vinyl
    pulse 4lp reissue
    pompeii blu-ray
    animals immersion box

andrewskyDE likes this.
  21. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

I'd like that. At least they don't have too many uncorrected personality traits.

;)

Instant Dharma likes this.
  22. Baidur

Baidur Forum Resident

"On the Wright track"
    A compilation of Rick's songs written for Pink Floyd (with two unreleased tracks no one ever knew about).
    I know. Just dreaming. Not gonna happen.

Charlie Z., willy and andrewskyDE like this.
  23. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

I am very modest:

a)rerelease of the Pulse LP Box set and
    b)a complete "Animals" 1977 tour on CD and/or LP and/or Blu-Ray Audio(in high res/5.1) and/or DVD in high res 5.1.)

andrewskyDE likes this.
  24. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

I'm guessing that we will probably will be seeing some big selling off of STUFF, similar to Neil Young, Ringo and others, as these old folks who are getting on in years finally decide to sensibly downsize in order to liquefy assets and leave less mess and clutter for their heirs to eventually deal with. Anybody here want to buy a giant inflatable pig, 340 white plywood bricks, or a recording studio on a houseboat?

andrewskyDE and Baidur like this.
  25. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

Ha! I like the way you think. I've already made separate playlists of Rick's, Dave's, and Roger's highlights in the band.

And if you're THAT much a Rick fan, supposedly Dave Harris is working on releasing a deluxe version of the Zee album from the 80's, complete with b-sides and bonus tracks.

Baidur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.