Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" deserves to be..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Khorn, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shakey

Shakey New Member

I'll second that! My favorite Floyd.
    I have more copies/versions of DSOTM than I'll probably listen to in my lifetime.

2. quentincollins

quentincollins Forum Word Nerd

I couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup: . I'm waitin' for the day that they reissue Piper in a 5.1 SACD mix! Granted, I don't even have a surround sound setup, but if they reissued that in such a mix, that would be reason enough to upgrade! Now THAT would be an excellent release! :love:

3. audio

audio New Member

Sony MasterSound gold cd

4. count.d

count.d Senior Member

I have 6 CBS Mastersound vinyl copies of WYWH. They were all sealed and collected over a period of time. They do vary in quality depending on the stampers.

I don't detect any distortion on any them.

I also have the Sony Mastersound gold CD. This is not the way to go. Stick to the vinyl.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I just got the Japanese Harvest pressing of Wish You Were Here on CD yesterday (black label), and I was quite impressed with the sound on a first listen. I do have the MasterSound gold CD for comparison, as well as the current remaster and old CBS US version. Unfortunately, I don't get the time to critically compare discs like I would like to, but I will have to at least compare the Harvest disc to the MasterSound version. In the end, I would love to see Wish You Were Here on multi-channel SACD. That would be amazing. Please, oh please! :)

6. Mike Rivera

Mike Rivera Senior Member

I'm with Jason who said, "I'd like to see The Wall next, myself.

Best.
    Album.
    Ever. "

One of my favorite albums - I like it better than DSOM.

Why does it get so little respect? It sounds so good at high volumes!

- Mike

7. Loud Listener

Loud Listener Forum Resident

No Matt, I haven't seen the inteview.

I heard the Japanese pressings of this title are the ones to have.

8. ashe

ashe New Member

Agreed.

9. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Yes, Cartman used it. Famously, among PF/Simpsons fans, Marge used, "Hello, is there anybody in there?" a season or so ago, the marching hammers made an appearance to a tripping Ned Flanders, and Mr. Burns told a hippy to "Shine on, you crazy diamond." Good stuff.

10. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

Depends on your system. Most Japanese pressings will sound too bright on more neutral systems.

Those who love every MFSL pressing they own also tend to gravitate toward Japanese pressings...similar upper frequency EQing. They'll almost certainly have darker systems, otherwise, they'd be in for an ear burn with the majority of those pressings.

11. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Yes indeed! Ditto the Mastersound Gold CDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.