Plaid Room Mega Sale Fri. 10/20-Mon. 10/23

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Myke, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i mean if you just want it to have it then its serviceable. But the VMP version is definitely better, in fact the VMP box is replacing all my MOFIs and this Live Evil

i believe @bruinuclafan was also unimpressed

2. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Oh the VMP thing, yeah I don't need all of that. I mean I want but....

3. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I don't remember this being here before: an easy-to-reach sort of the deeply discounted items at Plaid Room? As I mentioned in another thread, some prices have come down over the weekend.

FALL SALE 2023!

4. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

that was there last week

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Ya gotta love’em.
    I got an email reiterating there may be a 5 week wait for my album to ship.
    2 minutes later, my shipping notice

Mike H., Patanoia and hutlock like this.
  6. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

I received my order from them from eBay yesterday. They had some bulk deals where if you bought 4 or more of a title, it brought the price down massively. The live John Prine box set ended up being $18 each for 4+ copies so I grabbed 4 as presents for people

uzn007 likes this.
  7. DapperGentleman

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/8152B+0i8kL._SL1500_.jpg

Mike H. likes this.
  8. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

DapperGentleman, hutlock and uzn007 like this.
  9. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I think they’re smart to set expectations for the worst case. Underpromise and overdeliver.

Every interaction with them has been stellar. I’ve sent emails just to complement them on their service and attitude and they wrote back very appreciative of someone acknowledging their efforts. Good people.

uzn007, cowboy72, Myke and 1 other person like this.
  10. Myke

Has always worked for me too in our classifieds sub forum. I grade conservatively and my buyers are always surprised.
    I also give praise to my sellers too as such behavior should always be recognized IMHO.

11. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I placed an online order from them just after they reopened after COVID—Ben (one of the brothers that owns the store) actually called and left me a voice mail thanking me for my support during the difficult times. So now I’m a customer for life.

Disco Robot, Muffinbutt, Myke and 6 others like this.
  12. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Best shop to order online from IMO. Anytime my local isn’t getting something in, I go straight to Plaidroom

Myke, liquifury, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  13. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

I have had no issues with Plaid Room. Besides this sale, which he made aware of long shipping times, always had fast shipping and well packaged records. Gold standard service and shipping

hutlock likes this.
  14. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

What do you guys do about defective records from Plaid Room? I lowered my expectations a bit considering it was a sale and it’s a regular record shop, but both the mono and stereo copies of the 13th Floor Elevators -Easter Everywhere set from Charley have some pretty crappy defects.

15. Myke

(513) 583-1843

16. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

I ordered a copy of Dire Straits' self-titled on Mobile Fidelity 2x45 rpm vinyl during their summer sale earlier this year. I didn't open it for a few months but when I did I saw that the first record was actually the first record from the Miles Davis Kind of Blue MoFi. I emailed them about it asking if I could get a replacement just for the first disc since everything else was fine, or if it would be better to contact MoFi directly for that. They recommended that I do the latter but, if that didn't work out, they would be happy to send me a second copy of the album at no cost, and would open it to inspect the discs if I wanted. I ended up getting the one replacement disc from MoFi themselves, but I was impressed by and thankful for Plaid Room's commitment to my satisfaction. They're the best.

17. Myke

Them and Bull Moose.
    Compared to the brain damaged simians working at Amazon they’re a Godsend.

hutlock and masterbucket like this.
  18. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

Thanks, I’ll probably contact them.

caleb1138 and Myke like this.
  19. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

If you are having concerns about the wait time on shipping after the big sale, do contact them direct on the email provided when you ordered.
    Their customer service and response is exceptional in that regard. :righton:

20. hutlock

I’m just on the other end of Ohio from the store and my order from the mega sale arrived today.

Patanoia likes this.
  21. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Still crickets for me. I guess they weren't kidding about the 5 weeks

22. hutlock

For sure. But if you send them an email they will definitely update you with as much info as they can. Seriously good quality customer service there.

23. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Shipment notification received today. Well within the 5 week window :laugh:

3 of the 4 records on the order, I have no recollection of ordering. I do remember there were 4 records though

Mike H. and hutlock like this.
  24. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

15% off this weekend. Better get while the gettins’ good! I already had a couple things go out of stock before I could check out. Great place to stock up on AP and Impex titles that practically never go on sale!

bmusic likes this.
  25. DapperGentleman

Thanks for the heads' up, although I am really struggling with this sale. I've been spoiled by other sales recently I guess. And I still can't bring myself to pay $40 for Steven Wilson's latest 2LP set.

Mike H., Davidmk5 and liquifury like this.