Plastic Ono Band box coming in 2021

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonology, Nov 26, 2020.

1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

My boxed set from Amazon Spain has been shipped. They offered the lowest price that I was able to find (€72.06 plus shipping), although it soon increased to €99 and now seems to be unavailable:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B08XL9QVHX/

Diego Esparcia likes this.
  2. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I’m having problems of freezing with the BR 1 disc on the surround portion. I can’t get past the first track. BR disc 2 states Stereo & DD. I don’t see any option option for Dolby Digital. Only stereo. Anyone else having problems? Never had this problem before with my Oppo 203.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  3. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

I can't get the Blu Ray to copy the 24/192. I used MakeMKV to make a backup, when I load it into DVD Audio Extractor is says it is BD+ protected. Has anyone had luck getting their Blu Ray to copy?

dasacco likes this.
  4. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

After a quick run through, I am unimpressed with the new ultimate mixes, love the raw studio mixes, and think the outtakes have promise. Overall, a promising box. What the hell did they (John and Phil) do to Look at Me? The raw studio mix is beautiful.

Looking forward to really spending time with it.

RubenH, Lamus and lordcat like this.
  5. lordcat

lordcat Forum Resident

Do you mean John and Phil ruined the original mix for the 1970 release?

Tom Daniels likes this.
  6. Lamus

Lamus Forum Resident

Just cracked open my 6-disc set and put in CD1: skip....skip....skip skip skip......
    Ugh! It’s like I bought the vinyl!

Loving the Elements disc, though. Isolation gave me goose bumps.

lordcat likes this.
  7. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

8. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

Like my Gimme Some Truth 4LP, the first tracks on each side skips. It probably needs wet cleaning because pieces of paper (from the sleeve) are caught in the groove (?) Kind of disappointing at this price, but I can’t say I’m surprised.

I’d rather not have printed inners if they can’t figure out how to not let them mess up the record. A brand new record shouldn’t need wet cleaning. Ughh

9. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

I think I got MakeMKV working, just had to download the newest version. :imwithstupid:

PDK, Adam Schellin and dasacco like this.
  10. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

DR 7 for Instant Karma is a crime. Guess they thought we wanted a loud modern mastering.

Sis+erRay likes this.
  11. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

Yes. Listening to the basic, single tracked performance I thought it was so much better than the final version.

PDK, lordcat and cwitt1980 like this.
  12. puddingdish

puddingdish Forum Resident

That's all anyone really needs.

palisantrancho and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  13. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

I always prefer the outtakes and jams. The true ultimate mixes are either the 2000s or 2010 mixes for John and 2009 mix for the Beatles. Everything since should be labeled “Just Another Mix” lol

14. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

Ahahahaha. Hopefully their getting paid for it.

905 likes this.
  15. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

My discs just arrived! :goodie:

16. Crosseyed

Crosseyed help I'm a rock

Received the vinyl version and listened to it today. Quality-wise my copy is okay but not the best pressing. The price was not justified.

I listened to this blindly - my only reference point is the original vinyl mix. Right from the start this sounds like a much different album. It's more full bodied and the shrillness of the original mix has been softened - which I sort of like. However, like other's have mentioned, the emotional impact has been reduced somewhat as well.

Honestly I don't think this album was ever a good candidate to be remixed - it's so raw and basic there's really nothing to work with. For this reason I feel it was a bit of a failure. I look forward to the box set and listening to the outtakes.

bmh5879 likes this.
  17. green_ovation

Enjoy! I’m in the middle of the Evolution mixes, loving every minute so far!

18. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I just got home from work with both the vinyl and cd box waiting for me, probably won’t have a chance to fully delve into this set till next week, but have been browsing through the excellent book, which seems to be on par with the Imagine book. I know this literally just came out, butI can’t help but look forward to a Walls and Bridges and Mind Games Ultimate set!:drool:

PDK and green_ovation like this.
  19. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

Instant coffee's gonna' get you
    Knock you right in the feet

lordcat likes this.
  20. green_ovation

And Double Fantasy... and Rock ‘N’ Roll.... and Sometime In New York City....

joeislive and oboogie like this.
  21. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

I’m glad I bought the big box set. I listened to disc 2, leafing through the book. My eyesight isn’t so good so I just read bits and pieces, looking at the pictures. It reminded me of listening to albums back in the day, studying the covers. Then I was back in Toronto, behind Varsity stadium. Watching people toss marbles under the horse’s feet. Stupid, I could have spent $6 for a ticket. The music should be free. When John came on the police backed off and we all climbed the fence. The myth is that people booed Yoko, I don’t remember it that way.

22. Ricardo Cosinaro

Ricardo Cosinaro Forum Resident

Could someone who's already ripped the blu-ray audio share which chapter/title maps to which set of mixes on each of the DVD's? Much appreciated!

23. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

24. green_ovation

Man!.... I Found Out take 7 outtake / raw studio mix on the last section is one relentless piece of work! You never want it to end!

applejam101 and FJFP like this.
  25. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Cannot stop listening to Mother Take 91, I LOVE it. Totally different experience than the released album version.