SH Spotlight Play the Kinks "Waterloo Sunset" in stereo, check and fix or improve your stereo playback with it!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jun 15, 2013.

1. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

i just got my new diy amazing speakers. they played awesome but they werent correctly set. i followed this advice from a post i found in stereophile.com:

To adjust toe in I use The Beatles-"Abbey Road" and the song "Her Majesty." The vocal and guitar start

off in one channel and slowly pan all the way to the other channel. If the vocal move towards the

listener as it gets close to the middle there is too much toe in, if the vocal moves away from the

listener there is too little toe in. It should sound as if McCartney's vocals roll smoothly and

continuously across the sound stage. If it sounds like he jumps from Right to Center to Left the speakers

are too far apart.

after i did that, followed our hosts advice.
    in total, i can only say WOOOOOOOOOW
    My speakers were not in a strict triangle with same sides, so i needed to play a little. But now i am just shocked in what i hear. i put revelations from iron maiden and its like i never heard it before. Thank you Mr Steve Hoffman, thank you guys. i am in heaven

Joel1963 likes this.