Please recommend a cheap Roon endpoint

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Wildgift, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Squeezebox Touch does not support 24/192 natively.
    It does if you install EDO, but that's another set of hoops to jump through, especially as it's not found on the regular applets repository.

2. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

So I have an LVDS/HDMI I2S input on my dac and I have read 2 references to HDMI out from a rpi in this thread, so what hat/rpi combo is comparable to digione sig has the option of this type of hdmi output?
    I was just going to get a USBridge sig and use the usb, as somewhere I read that the LVDS HDMI out is quite the legacy design and at this point may not be any quieter or better than a modern usb implementation.
    My dac is the Denafrips Pontus which has the LVDS HDMI as well as usb and spdifs.
    Alvin at Vinshine says he is only certain about the Pink Faun LVDS/HDMI output card and another expensive streamer as being compatible -in other words it has to be the LVDS type from what I can tell and only a couple have been tested with the dac.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  3. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

I installed it years ago. I no longer remember the exact process, but I do remember it was really no big deal to do, and I’ve never had to change anything since. I still use it as a Roon bridge in my office system. FWIW: it only supports 24/192 to an external DAC.

4. I have it running on the Touch players here, although only one of them is connected to to a 24/192 capable external DAC.

I was just pointing out that installing EDO is no longer a straightforward thing to do - the repository was moved.

5. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

OK. I see.

I have mine connected via coax to an Arcam rDac. That works pretty well.

6. Wildgift

Wildgift This is the modern world that I've heard about... Thread Starter

Thanks. Built a pi with a hifiberry digione plus and ropeeeei. Works perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.