Pluto is a free website for movies and tv shows

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tennesseeborder, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

I like The Strip music channel. \m/

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

That’s part of Dash Radio.

JPagan likes this.
  3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I've avoided it ever since they kept adding themselves every time my Roku is on screensaver and I'd hit play rather than back. I just thought it was pretty darn sleazy of them.

4. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

My family LOVES Pluto (via Roku).

To be honest, it's probably what we watch 80 percent of the time now.

We've discovered lots of new shows, movies, and documentaries through it.

And it has something for everyone:
    • My mom loves the crime channels (New Detectives, Forensic Files, Unsolved Mysteries, etc)
    • My dad loves the cooking, documentary, and history channels.
    • My brother loves the sports channels and the sitcom channels.
    • I love the "geek" channels.
    Heck, yesterday I was visiting with my brother and we got a kick watching the old Nickelodeon show "All That" because we hadn't seen it in years.

5. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Cool - it is on Roku - I'll check it out. There are a bunch like that where you get a few commercials (Shout Factory).

6. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I watched a movie on it once. I don't even remember what but it was something I couldn't find anywhere else. So it was cool that they had it but the commercials every two minutes drove me nuts.

Chris DeVoe and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

We have it as an app on the smart TV and on Amazon Fire stick. Anyone who doesn't have it just search your TV apps or Amazon.

8. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I watched three hours of Pluto's on demand content last night using a standard web browser. Looked great and I never encountered a single commercial - no idea why, but that was welcome.

You don't have to register or sign in or anything, just go to the site and start watching.

TIP: you really want to avoid the front page interface of this site when you know you are looking for free on-demand stuff. Just start from here instead Pluto TV

Also, for some reason, web browsers won't show the closed captions.

For a free, quality on demand streaming servie I thought the available content was very, very good.

Having no search function is just ridiculous - but not a deal breaker, I just know I'm going to be browsing a lot longer to find what I want.

9. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Just tried out your PlutoTV link on my 2010 MacMini, viewing on my calibrated 27in. LG 1920x1080 LED display through Firefox 48 and AT&T 12mbps DSL U-verse.

Tested it watching Chinatown in high quality HD and perfect color (letter box screen about 12in.wide). Some dropped frames in the form of a slight judder. Some scenes went almost white but it may have been me skipping forward before the movie buffered enough frames. MacMini didn't heat up like on some video sites but I didn't watch but maybe 20 minutes of the movie.

No ads showed up. Much better experience than viewing on YouTube if that's even possible due to take down copyright issues of primo movies. I may just become addicted to this site.

MikeInFla and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks...gonna check it out.

11. MKHopkins

MKHopkins Break out the Hats and Hooters

I am told that it has a rather limited number of episodes but for awhile it should be fabulous.

12. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

It uses the cable box menu

Tim Lookingbill likes this.
  13. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

They've been showing some different ones recently.

14. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

Am I mistaken or did Pluto once have a Monty Python channel that appears to be gone now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.