Pluto TV: What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ando here, Dec 2, 2019.

1. ando here

ando here Forum Resident Thread Starter

Pluto TV is the best free streaming tv/movie app that I've encountered (yes, including Hulu!) and has an intriguing rotating On-Demand Movie library. Pluto really does mimic the cable TV experience, which (imo) is not always a great thing as the surplus of content can be overwhelming (and mind-numbing) - and there ARE commercials. The film library does it for me. But here's an overview of the app for anyone not familiar with it (easiest access: Google Play Apps).

So tell us what you've seen on it lately. Might save save someone with similar tastes some surfing time!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. ando here

The last movie that I streamed On-Demand was Brando's One Eyed Jacks. Looked great. Trouble is, the search engine is non-existent so you'll have to sign in (register) to make or continue watching movies on a playlist. Otherwise you must scroll through the list of films to find the film you want. A new crop of flicks was just added and since I've been hankering to see Postcards From The Edge it's the first streamer I'm watching this month.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  3. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

Gonna be completely honest here, and I know it’s definitely not for everyone, but my favorite PlutoTV channel is Slow TV.

I was fascinated with the concept when I first heard about it and hooked the first time I watched it.

While I may bounce around to the Doctor Who channel or MST3K for a bit, I always come back to Slow TV.

I love the joke someone made about the channel, “Slow TV... for people who find C-SPAN too intense.

ando here likes this.
  4. ando here

:laugh: Wish they had C-Span, particularly Book Tv, but I've never encountered the Slow Tv channel. Will check it out!

JakeKlas likes this.
  5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Sultan Of Snark

I used to browse it a few years ago. My first thought was, "for people for whom '57 Channels And Nothing On', isn't enough..."

I have too much TV to keep up on, that I want to watch...

ando here likes this.
  6. ando here

I haven't had cable for years - and don't miss it. So the app is enough for folks like me. That channel number has quadrupled, btw; as well as the nothing on factor. Still, the On-Demand films make it. Postcards was fun to revisit. Whatever happened to Dennis Quaid?

7. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Sultan Of Snark

Well, he was in Seasons Two and Three of Fortitude for Sky TV a couple years ago, playing a drunk, burned-out hostage.

ando here likes this.
  8. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

rifftrax! and for a while the challenge channel, and on the rare occasion the fail channel....and yes...sometimes....the cats channel

ando here likes this.
  9. ando here

Ah, I see he's starring in the Netflix Christmas flick, Merry Happy Whatever. I noticed (scrolled past) Christmas movies on Pluto but can't seem to find em now...