Polk speaker package 2 LSiM705s, 2 LSiM 703s, 1 LSiM704 center $1399

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by riverrat, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member Thread Starter

Ridiculous deal on these at Adorama right now:

$1399 for a 5 SPEAKER PACKAGE that includes two 705s, two 703s AND a 704 center. 71% off retail..

I paid $1500 just for two 705s and thought that was pretty good. If they had this set in cherry I would send the ones I got from Polk back, and reorder this set from Adorama. (In our house the cherry color has higher WAF. The black was deemed "too industrial looking".)

Rekkerds and DonnyMe like this.
  2. riverrat

SH forum member TONEpub's review of the very similar LSiM707 influenced my recent purchase.

I'm very impressed with both the build quality and sound of my 705s. 80lbs each and impeccable finish. They're still improving but even now the sound is really accurate, smooth and non-fatiguing.

vinylvin likes this.
  3. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Rekkerds likes this.
  4. riverrat

Great prices. I continue to be very happy with my LSiM 705s. I thought I got a good deal at 50% off but these prices are even better. Rumor has it these models are being discontinued and that Polk is consolidating their line into fewer models. Not sure if there will be a TOTL replacement for these, or what.

As mentioned above, I based my purchase partly on TONEPUB's review of the 707. I also bought into the argument that a large, diverse company like Polk enjoys economies of scale that allow them to offer a premium speaker at a much lower price point than boutique manufacturers. In any case, I'm happy with my speakers and won't be replacing them any time soon. I think I could upgrade other components a lot before the speakers would be holding my system back.

Jump on these before they are gone!

5. riverrat

Great prices. I continue to be very happy with my LSiM 705s. I thought I got a good deal at 50% off but these prices are even better. Rumor has it these models are being discontinued and that Polk is consolidating their line into fewer models. Not sure if there will be a TOTL replacement for these, or what.

As mentioned above, I based my purchase partly on TONEPUB's review of the 707. I also bought into the argument that a large, diverse company like Polk enjoys economies of scale that allow them to offer a premium speaker at a much lower price point than boutique manufacturers. In any case, I'm happy with my speakers and won't be replacing them any time soon. I think I could upgrade other components a lot before the speakers would be holding my system back.

Jump on these before they are gone!

6. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Thank you for posting this deal @rushed again and @riverrat ! Pair of mahogany 705s are now headed to my PDX pad to replace my Boston VR1 floorstanders. I've been shopping the myriad of options at $500, but these seemed like a steal at 6 hundo a pair. Happy New Gear!

rushed again and riverrat like this.
  7. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Sorry, typo above, I ordered the LSiM 703s for $600 a pair, not the 705s obviously. Super jazzed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.