Poll: Black Flag

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TAF8184, Jul 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAF8184

TAF8184 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ginn wrote most of the music. He led the way, not Rollins. So you have to hold Ginn responsible for your favorite songs and your least favorite songs. He turned the band towards metal. More stoner rock really.

Spazaru likes this.
  2. Spazaru

Spazaru Angry Samoan

Yes I acknowledged that in an above post. I blame Ginn as well. Rollins still sucks though.

3. TAF8184

Reading the SST book Corporate Rock Sucks and enjoying it. Figured I'd bump this thread.

BlueTrane likes this.
  4. TAF8184

I wish I had added the 1982 Demos as a choice.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  5. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

Back when I was still using Spotify (I've since switched to Tidal), I created a playlist - just a random mix of music I like - that included "I've Got to Run" followed by The Rolling Stones' "Before They Make Me Run." Fun times.

6. bad_penny

bad_penny Forum Resident

Everything from the beginning to Damaged. Anything after that, I don't love. Got to see Black Flag, but it was in the post My War era. To be honest, I didn't like it. It was the first show where I left before the headliner finished. I saw many better punk bands in the early to mid 80s.

If you dig Black Flag, be sure to check out Glen E. Friedman's latest book What I See.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.