Poll: 'Dookie' album by Green Day in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AdamCalifornia, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

The first I heard of Green Day, was the video that came along with "Dookie". I thought "bloody hell, the Jam have a new one on the market". Turned out to be Green Day. Still think this is a great album, even though the similarity to the Jam makes about 50 % of the attraction to me.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  2. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

American Idiot was one of the first modern LPs I bought when it first came out and my first exposure to Green Day. I love it. I just bought the Dookie reissue because I saw it at Barnes & Noble and I've really been enjoying it. It's probably CD quality sound but I think that suits the material well. You have to take it for what it is, it's good stuff. I'm a little surprised at how polarizing this band is but my tastes are very eclectic. I may go from this one to The Wipers or Norah Jones or Johnny Cash. Never really know.

3. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

We're these original issues or reissues?
    Which ones sound the best?

4. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

I own Dookie and Americnn Idiot on vinyl.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  5. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Only "Dookie". It was kind of catchy when it came out but I never played it much and it stopped there.

6. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Always was too old for Green Day. And found them REALLY boring. Aren't there later songs where they sound like Oasis? Nnnnice;);)

7. Whirl-Fred

Whirl-Fred Well-Known Member

One of those Bands that i've kinda learned to like for their perseverance (and some catchyness too, i guess), but still no album whatsoever in my house.
    I had the impression that 'Dookie' was rather appealing to teenagers that hadn't heard too much punk before.

8. slinkyfarm

slinkyfarm Forum Resident

I have that and Kerplunk!. No particular reason I never bought more.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  9. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

No Green Day at all. Used to have some, got rid of it as it just no longer did anything for me.

10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

No Green here.

11. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

"Dookie," yes, but that's it. I was OK with them emulating The Buzzcocks, but when they ripped Chicago on the next one, that was it for me.

12. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

It's the only Green Day album I own. My neighborhood is being nuked on the cover so its a natural addition to my collection.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  13. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

Just did a search to refresh my memory; Again I didn't have them all but Warning and Nimrod are the two that floored me with their dynamics & "in the room' SQ. (now some people here would not want Green Day in their room, but I digress) I don't have multiple versions to compare, these are simply the original CD releases I'm talking about.

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  14. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

That one and Kerplunk!

Both are great albums. I feel sorry for those discounting these two albums if they think they're a Ramones-lite.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  15. jdrueke

jdrueke Handsome Man

I don't own a thing by them. I saw them on the opening slot at Lalapalooza back in '94 and they really did nothing for me. They weren't bad, they were just blah. As their popularity skyrocketed, I just scratched my head and wondered what all the fuss was about. I found them to be watered down punk-lite that just never grabbed me.

16. Adlocust

Adlocust Well-Known Member

Dookie holds the distinction of being the first album I bought with my own money. Still love it to this day. I am pleased that they have evolved their sound a bit since then.

17. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

I checked Dookie and some of their other material.

I also have Nimrod, Warning, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. Dookie is probably the album that I have listened to the least. I have all albums on CD.

18. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

nope. I liked a couple songs but not enough to shell out any sheckles

19. Phasecorrect

Phasecorrect Forum Resident

I never owned it, but it is fairly infectious. Im not going to compare it to classic '77 era because it's apples vs Oranges . For what it was one could do a lot worse.

20. Phasecorrect

Phasecorrect Forum Resident

And the Saints trump all!

21. StarDoG

StarDoG Forum Resident

Lovely preppie boy clean power pop with loud guitars..American Idiot is nicked form a 90s Kpop song and several other of their songs are stolen from obscure non English language rock bands material. In other words, a dreadful band.

nosliw likes this.
  22. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

andrewskyDE likes this.
  23. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

I have the Dookie CD with Ernie on the back cover. Plus I have a Basket Case CD single.

andrewskyDE and WilliamWes like this.
  24. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Yes. I have a cd copy of Dookie.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  25. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

I actually thought that their new video/single wasn't that bad, and I'm a 2A guy.

WilliamWes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.