POLL - Oasis - Be Here Now - Your Favorite Tracks

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thnkgreen, Jul 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura! Thread Starter

From Wikipedia:

"Be Here Now is the third studio album by English rock band Oasis, released on 21 August 1997 by Creation Records. Following the worldwide success of their first two albums, Definitely Maybe (1994) and (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995), the album was highly anticipated. Oasis' management company, Ignition, were aware of the dangers of overexposure, and before release sought to control media access to the album. The campaign included limiting pre-release radio airplay and forcing journalists to sign gag orders. The tactics alienated the press and many industry personnel connected with the band and fueled large-scale speculation and publicity within the British music scene.

The album was recorded at multiple recording studios in London, including Abbey Road Studios, as well as Ridge Farm Studios in Surrey. According to co-producer Owen Morris, the recording sessions were marred by arguments between the band members and drug abuse, and that the band's only motivations were commercial. Compared to their previous releases, the songs on Be Here Now are anthemic, longer and contain many guitar overdubs. Noel Gallagher said this was done to make the album sound as "colossal" as possible. The album cover features a shot of the band members at Stocks House in Hertfordshire."

Select your favorite tracks from the list above! :goodie:

Interpolantics likes this.
  2. Two Sheds

Two Sheds Sha La La La Lee

I like Be Here Now. I particularly like:

Stand by Me
    The Girl in the Dirty Shirt
    It's Gettin' Better (Man!!)

thnkgreen likes this.
  3. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Not an Oasis fan which makes it probably easier to admit that I like the over-the-top-ness of this album! :righton:

Man at C&A likes this.
  4. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

If they'd omitted tracks 3 & 5, toned down some of the production bluster and mastered it sensibly, BHN would stand as their crowning achievement, not to mention one of the greatest non-Zep British albums ever recorded.

Plagiarism throughout doesn't matter. Only recently heard Lennon's 'Nobody Loves You' etc for the 1st time, had to giggle. Way to go, Noel :goodie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.