DCC Archive Poll Results-Calling All 222 DCC Members

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Winston, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Winston

Dr. Winston New Member Thread Starter

First of all, my thanks to everyone who posted and voted. After eliminating duplicate postings and multiple replies we had 98 different members vote. We had 71 different albums voted on. 30 new members joined the board from the day of the original post--looks like Steve is gonna get his wish for 300 members soon. The top postings are as follows--
    Beatles- Abbey Road-8 votes
    Beatles- White Album-5
    Beatles- Sgt Pepper-4
    Beatles- Rubber Soul-3
    Van Morrison- Astral Weeks- 3
    Bob Dylan-Blood On The Tracks-3
    Pink Floyd-The Wall-2
    Atlanta Rhythm Section- Champagne Jam-2
    George Harrison- All Things Must Pass-2
    Neil Young-On The Beach-2
    Talking Heads- Fear of Music-2
    Beatles-Revolver-2
    CSN-Deja Vu-2

2. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I'd like to hear Steve's thoughts on whether DCC has any chance of licensing any of these titles. Personally, I think they're all long shots.

3. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Did you count dimpled chads?

I want to change my vote to "Blood on the Tracks" now, but it needs to have the deleted NY tracks on it as well. :)

4. Mart

Mart New Member

darn ... I grew up intentionallyb avoiding those albums. I guess I won't hold my breath for a new DCC album release. OTOH, if there was a CSN&Y album ...

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Thanks for prying in the minds of all of us, Winston.

Steve has done some amazing work in his life. I've always felt that 'Abbey Road' would sound definitive if Steve found the master and let it rip gently though a complete tube amplified chain. It would also bring many Beatles diehards to his name.

6. Ian

Ian Active Member

Maybe someone do up a petition stating how we would like the Beatles catalogue remastered by Steve, and e-mail it to EMI. Maybe if we could get enough people on it they might let it happen (I know I'm dreaming big time... But it's a thought) :confused:

7. Kevin Sypolt

Kevin Sypolt Senior Member

This actually doesn't sound like such a bad idea. A real grass roots effort. Yeah, it probably won't accomplish anything, but it sure would "feel" good. Count me in! :)

8. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

The problem is EMI doesn't control things. If they did, I doubt it would be a problem. Apple does, not EMI. Which makes it a *big* problem.

Although, I'm surprised Allan Klein hasn't agreed to something. No, I'm not kidding....

9. It would be great if Steve remastered the first two CSN&Y CD's. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

10. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I wonder what would happen if Steve and DCC offered either Allen Klein or Apple a royalty rate so generous that they'd make more on the sale of the DCC version than they would on the sale of their own stock copies.

Such an arrangement probably wouldn't be feasable for most artists, but for the Beatles and the Rolling Stones -- I could easily imagine DCC selling tons of gold discs, even at a $10 premium. Seriously, is there anyone here who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to buy a Steve Hoffman remastered Abbey Road or Let it Bleed for $35?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.