POLL:The Beatles ‎– Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - which LP do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bherbert, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

This looks about right to me, aside from Sgt Pepper (I was raised on a stereo Capitol played on a mono rig - go figure).

On the fence with Magical Mystery Tour - the original US mono would be perfect if not for the sub-par mixes of "Blue Jay Way" and "Your Mother Should Know". I do find myself going back to the '73 German pressing more often these days.

2. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

Yes, very true.

I'm very much a "glass half full" guy to begin with, but I do feel that almost every mix has something to offer, regardless whether one prefers it or not at large. For instance, I will sometimes play or sequence a song in a compilation that features a mix I don't prefer, just to appreciate the qualities of it or to experience the song in a slightly "new" way.

It's kind of like fine wines or something. You may prefer reds to whites, but it's not like there's anything remotely "wrong" about a white burgundy. You may just simply gravitate to reds on most ocassions. :)

2141 likes this.
  3. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Yes, I agree. After the general assessment, it's a song by song question. For example, I prefer the stereo mix of A Day In The Life.

4. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

I enjoy them all but right now I am preferring the 2017 mix. Mostly because Within You Without You and Lovely Rita sound like someone (Giles) untangled the mix that was. Just great.

5. schnitzerphilip

schnitzerphilip "Modern Dad" Unlocked Award

I view the 2009 stereo’s and the 2017 stereo’s as two different experiences and enjoy them both on different occasions.

6. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.