Poll--The Weakest Link: The Monkees HEADQUARTERS, Round 4

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Jan 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Same as last round:
    Sunny Girlfriend
    Randy Scouse Git.

2. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

3. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

A day late and a dollar short but I think I've seen the whole album done live barring Band 6 and Can't Get Her Off Of My Mind. Yes, I got Zilch in the late '80s.

4. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

I needed to check. I've also seen "Early Morning Blues and Greens" in 2012. It's listed in setlist.fm as a cover version instead of under the Headquarters tab.

Also, per setlist.fm, they never played "Mr. Webster" live. "Forget That Girl" and "I Can't Get Her Off My Mind" were only played in the '60s.

5. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Good call on "Mr. Webster" - that one just slipped my mind. As for "Forget That Girl"... I'm honestly shocked that they never did it in the '80s. I just assumed they did since it was such a Davy showcase and one of those album cuts that achieved elevated status due to exposure on the show and the '60s setlists (like "You Just May Be The One" or "Star Collector"). I'm even surprised that Micky & Peter didn't dust that one off during one of their Nez-less jaunts in the mid-teens - seems like it would have been a no brainer. And that huge keyboard riff would have sounded great live.

LandHorses likes this.
  6. super sally

super sally Forum Resident

I’m really surprised Davy never did it in his solo shows. Maybe he didn’t care for it or it was not easy to pull off well?

7. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

I know, right? He totally nailed it on Live 1967 - it seemed to be right in his wheelhouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.