POLL: What speaker would you choose?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TheVinylAddict, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found Thread Starter

Note I am asking what YOU would choose as the favorite in the list, not for help on what you think I might like. So no need for questions about my setup, budget, room size, amp driving them etc. Assume any set chosen would be driven properly in the right size room, in your setup or mine! This isn't a "help me buy" thread. Just data gathering at this point on what others like.

Price of the speaker relative to another in the list is not a factor in your choice, any one could be bought new or used. Assume you have the budget for any choice. It is all about which one you think is "best" in the list and the one you would pick if those were your choices.

Please feel free to comment or compare on any of them of course! :)

2. backeast

backeast Forum Resident

Which would I choose? I bought the Beethoven Baby Grands with matching center channel used so they get my vote. I’m very happy with my purchase. From the rest of your list I’ve heard the 804’s and various Monitor offerings, neither of which I cared for. The Cremona’s and Performa’s are intriguing. I haven’t auditioned either. I’d make that a priority if buying new.

3. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Spendor D9

Echoz and ls35a like this.
  4. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

I really like Vandersteens, so went with the Treo. They're out my league in price, but, I'd love to own a pair. I was offered a really good deal on a demo pair of 2CE Signature II. I still have slight regrets about not buying them.

5. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

I'm obviously biased lol...been working my up the Vandersteen line for 30 years.PSB has always made great speakers also...Canadian Secret

6. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

I have, love and recommend the Vandersteen Treo CTs.

hi_watt and Glmoneydawg like this.
  7. james

james Summon The Queen

I’ve never heard speakers from Monitor Audio, Revel or Vandersteen. I’d personally pick the Vienna Acoustics. I like their smooth, top end and full, rich low end house sound.

8. timind

timind phorum rezident

I own the Revel F206 and am in the process of looking for a larger replacement. The F208 and the PSB Imagine T3 are both on my list of possibilities.

hi_watt likes this.
  9. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

I started with 1bs 30 years ago....would cheerfully go back to them if i had to...Vandersteen builds speakers that put music in your room...simple as that....told you i was biased;)

10. wgriel

wgriel Forum Resident

Hey I love the poll - no point in pontificating or bashing something on the list. Just choose where you’d spend your money :thumbsup:

Glmoneydawg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.