Poll: Which version of Sandoval's updated Monkees book are you purchasing?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Mc, Mar 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks...there's no other choice. : )

2. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

I wish there was a sample to check out online. I haven’t seen the 2005 edition and I don’t know if a casual fan like me is the audience for this. I love their first five albums, but know little of their subsequent releases. If the narrative is compelling, and their story is from the documentaries I’ve seen and articles I’ve read, I’d be up for the open edition, but if it truly includes day by day minutia...that’s treasure for the dedicated fan and collector but may be too detailed for me to enjoy reading/spend this kind of money on.

3. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Put simply, if you like The Monkees you will enjoy this book. The 2005 edition is everything you'd want from a book like this so the new one can only be better still. And check out the later 60's albums, they are well worth a listen.

4. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

I actually do not understand where you are coming from. Andrew has been up front and clear about everything every step of the way. You sound quite unreasonable actually.

5. seeknom

seeknom Forum Resident

Not fair? Seriously???

Paul Sofronoff, PhoffiFozz and 905 like this.
  6. Michael

seriously...yes, and yes again...Damn what's so hard about that want to know how many will be printed? before one invests over $300.00?????

7. Michael

that's fine with me...still stands.

8. Would it change your mind if the number was, say (for example) 500 copies? Or if it was 1,000? You either want the book or not, regardless of how many copies are printed.

9. Michael

my mind has nothing to do with it...this is the first time I've come across a secret limited edition of numbered copies...lots of laughs...OK, we're done now...we've made our points...it seems fanboys will attack anything they don't agree with regarding their favorite groups...QUESTIONS are not permitted...buy it and shut up! it is no ones business if I question the book count on a LIMITED NUMBERED EXPENSIVE EDITION...
    Thanks Guys for all your help! much appreciated.: ) Hey Hey...

rod, Jimmy B. and Bobby with a dollar like this.
  10. Fan boys? Attacking? Wow, you’re really off base. You somehow perceive that questions are not permitted, yet when you’re asked a question you post a nonsensical passive aggressive response. Lots of laughs. Lolololol.

11. Michael

FEEL BETTER NOW? ; )

12. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

That's enough kids. Let's get back to the topic at hand.

I really don't have the money but I'm going to make it work. I'm reserving the SDE version and the softcover. I'll use the softcover for referencing and all. The other will go with my Collection.

13. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

It's not a secret. It's not yet determined. Andrew said everyone who reserves one will get it, so he's not going to know until the reservation period ends (today) how many he'll be having made.

14. NudieSuitNezHead

NudieSuitNezHead No Michael, "teriyaki" is NOT 13 letters...

Knowing Andrew, he'll probably reveal the numbers as soon as he compiles them.

PhoffiFozz and cloggedmind like this.
  15. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Let's put this to bed for now. SDE purchasers will get the lowest numbers in order of reservation. So, lets say for the sake of argument, there were 600 SDE ordered (Probably a bit high, but who knows?). If you reserved on the first day (like I did), your number will be lower than 100 (a generous guess), and so on and so on and so on (Swami)...
    Same thing for the Deluxe Edition (first reserved will get 601, after all SDE reserved copies).
    Now that that's settled :whistle:
    Are we going to keep this thread open for all things Andrew's book?
    I think we should.
    Deadline for reserving your copy is about 90 minutes from when I wrote this post, so get your reservation in now before it's too late!

16. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

It looks like an amazing book and that is why I did the deluxe edition.....can't wait to get my hands on this. Should be a well made and well thought out product-just like the Monkees box sets have been!

17. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member Thread Starter

That's fine by me.

The website actually states 12p Pacific time, so should have another 4½ hours or so.

D-rock and BobT like this.
  18. JJR

JJR Forum Resident

I would say you might try and pick up a 2005 book. I think they are around $40 maybe less on the second hand sites. If you love the first five LP's this would be the primary years covered and although that book is 300 pages the last 25 or so are dedicated to the musicians index and songology (both very, very interesting). The other parts read as a day to day events and although I am pretty big fan, I think it is -the compelling narrative you seek and while detailed is not really "minutia" in my opinion. The new book may have minutia for a casual fan and we will not know until it is out.

19. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Yeah let's keep this open and be a place to post Andrew's book updates!

20. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Super Deluxe.

cloggedmind and D-rock like this.
  21. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  22. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member Thread Starter

Actually, that's a little thicker than I thought.

cloggedmind and BobT like this.
  23. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Here are a few pics that I grabbed off of the Twitter video, for those of you who can't view it:

Front Clamshell[​IMG]
    Side Clamshell[​IMG]Front Dust Cover[​IMG] Rear Dust Cover[​IMG]

24. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Those pics show up as circles with a minus sign in the center :(

25. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.