Poll: Which version of Sandoval's updated Monkees book are you purchasing?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Mc, Mar 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

Cool, was able to order! $85 shipping to the UK - such is the way. Very excited to get my Deluxe.

dangiedr, D-rock, BobT and 1 other person like this.
  2. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

The newest video about the book.

3. Good2BAnywhere

Good2BAnywhere Forum Resident

Off topic question to an off topic post - where did you get the yellow “now spinning” record cover display?

apple-richard likes this.
  4. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

They came out about 5 years ago made for RSD by Crosley of all people. My local had about 6 left over and I bought them at cost and sent them all to my buddies in the Weekend Record & Cocktail thread in Long and Winding threads. Cost me more to mail the damn things out then to buy them. A block of wood is not light. :laugh:

Good2BAnywhere likes this.
  5. dangiedr

dangiedr Senior Member

The layout shared briefly in the most recent video above, is eye-popping and fantastic!! Careful perusal of the pages he shared from 1965 alone, show the additional research & archivist work Andrew is bringing to this book. We now have both the date AND previously unpublished photos depicting the first time the guys performed music together... Just amazing attention to detail!

D-rock, FJFP and RobRoyF like this.
  6. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

I have been reading all of the Facebook responses to the pre-order posts. It is amazing how many people thought that when they placed a reservation, it was a pre-order. So now that the pre-order is up, so many people thought they didn't have to do anything. I sure hope no one who reserved a copy, and want to purchase doesn't miss their opportunity due to the confusion over reservation vs pre-order...

You may now turn your reservation into a preorder at our shop: Preorder Your Book – beatland books This is the only way to guarantee you will get one of the 2,000 books being produced. Note: If you do not act on your reservation by June 30, 2021 it will be considered abandoned. If you wish to change your order or quantity at this time, you may do it in your pre-order. If you signed up for our waitlist, you may also preorder now and we will take you off of the waitlist.

Because so many people changed their reservations and made excessive multiple reservations, we are not sending out individual invoices. Pick what you want from the shop and we will consider your reservation fulfilled. If you do not preorder a book by June 30th we will know you do not wish to keep your reservation and we will release more books for preorder.

7. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Interesting to see the basic edition is described as "not limited" - so more may be printed (or for that matter eventually an e-version that would be much easier to read than a 740 page large format book).

8. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I had just assumed I would get an invoice when the sale went up. Thanks to you guys I got it figured out and ordered a copy of the super deluxe. My total cost came to $319. Not cheap to mail a 16 pound package. I went with FedEx as I don't want my box/book tossed around by the US Postal system. Cost too much to let them mangle it.

D-rock, FJFP, RobRoyF and 1 other person like this.
  9. Are they cross-referencing reservations with pre-orders? Asking as what’s to stop someone who didn’t make a reservation from placing a pre-order?

monkeetrade and apple-richard like this.
  10. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Andrew said that they are cross-referencing. He is also letting the wait list people pre-order as well. Leads me to believe that he amended his number of books to be manufacturered to include the wait listed orders.. I have a hunch that from July 1st until sometime in August, he will offer some more for sale at a slightly higher price. Then in a year or so, his unsold stock (probably around 100 copies) will end up on eBay for a significantly higher price than we are paying now. Again,just a hunch...

FJFP, RobRoyF, Sammy Banderas and 3 others like this.
  11. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

The book covers look great and are definitely huge. This will be the definitive Monkees' book!

Thanks @BobT (and others) for taking the time to explain all this Andrew book stuff, it is a little confusing on the surface. We fans have a lot to look forward to!

And like Andrew, I really like cats too.

bmanley63, FJFP and BobT like this.
  12. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I would be fine with this honestly.

BobT likes this.
  13. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Received an email from Beatland books alerting me to order. I am guessing everyone that reserved or is on the wait list is getting this email.

RobRoyF, D-rock, Galley and 2 others like this.
  14. bmanley63

bmanley63 Forum Resident

Holy cow! Just saw Andrew’s updated video regarding the book. I just can’t believe how lucky Monkee fans are.

I saw a post recently from someone mentioning how it was challenging to find even a reference to the Monkees in rock history books during the mid 70’s. I definitely remember that period. You’d be elated to see a picture of the band along with a two paragraph description.

I would never have believed then we’d see a book like the one coming out in a couple months.

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

RobRoyF, D-rock, factory44 and 4 others like this.
  15. vinylrec

vinylrec Senior Member

I just put my order in for the Deluxe Edition. I can hardly wait :pineapple:

16. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

Same - I received this email finally. This time it was not in my spam folder.

Grand_Ennui, BobT and D-rock like this.
  17. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

I ordered and paid for a book. I reserved under my email address and my order has no connection to it . They asked for a phone number instead

Shawn likes this.
  18. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

[​IMG] Andrew is signing the books today.It is posted on his Instagram page. The pic says blank of 1200. So, there are only 800 softcover books.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    RobRoyF and apple-richard like this.
  19. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

So, we who bought the lower priced book will have the more collectible (in terms of rarity) version of the book? Cool. :) :laugh: :hide:

20. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

If you have seen the signing picture, Andrew is using a red sharpie. So , I had to ask...
    • Robert T
      Author
      Andrew Sandoval Are they all being signed in red? Just curious...Matching the cover of the book?

• Andrew Sandoval
      Admin
      [​IMG]
      Robert T no - and they will be numbered at the factory by the factory - so I cannot tell you which numbers are with what pens (if that is your next question).

JDistheone, RobRoyF, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  21. rlp

rlp Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Just placed an order for this to display my SDE book. Don't like the wheels, but the price was right.

22. bmanley63

bmanley63 Forum Resident

Where did you get that?

seeknom and apple-richard like this.
  23. rlp

rlp Forum Resident

Found it on Etsy.

apple-richard likes this.
  24. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

I haven’t read the first edition but my interest in this book has been piqued by the reissue. I red that there wasn’t a lot of coverage of the television series work in the first edition. Do we expect more in this one? What do we expect makes up the new content?

25. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Accordingly, Andrew did a complete rewrite of the book to include much more information on the history of The Monkees. At over 700 pages, it's a fair bet that it will include much more information on the television show, the music, the tours and much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.