Poly Sleeves for LP Box Sets?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by kdbrink, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Bags Unlimited has sleeves for boxed sets, but they aren't really large enough for things like the new Metallica, to say nothing of a truly large set like the 13th Floor Elevators one from a few years back.

So, does anyone make bags in a slightly larger dimension?

eekahil likes this.
  2. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Bump for those of us who are curious.

Myke likes this.
  3. ScottInDallas

ScottInDallas Forum Resident

Look up sleeve-wonder on eBay. He had an outer resealable bag that covered both my Sugar boxed set and the new Placebo boxed set. I did have to modify just a little as the larger bags were a tad too big. I simply cut them down a tiny bit to make a tighter fit.

eddiel likes this.
  4. tympano

tympano Member

Wholeheartedly in agreement on sleevie-wonder. He has 3 sizes of box-set sleeves for sets up to 2 1/2 inches in thickness. Good prices on regular 4 mil sleeves as well.

5. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

John I tried searching there and I couldn't find the bags you speak about. A link would be helpful, thanks

6. David P. Hill

Here's what I found on here from youtube. I couldn't find the original thread, just did a search on youtube

BluRayVen, Tjazz and Myke like this.
  7. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

8. David P. Hill

9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

15" depth ? Are you folding all the excess over the back, or the front ?

I just bought an Abraxas One Step, and I damn sure want to protect it in an outer bag.

10. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Depth? They are flat. They are Zip Loc bags.

11. Myke

I was confused by the 15 X 15 X 15 description on the Ace page. Zip Loc's not what I want, sorry.

eekahil likes this.
  12. Myke

I went with these : 5 Box Set Sleeves 4mil XL + Flap (2 1/2" MAX) LP Vinyl Record Outer Plastic Bag | eBay bought 5 packs ( 25 bags ). Thanks !

ScottInDallas and jon9091 like this.
  13. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Ha! I didn't even notice that. Too funny.

Myke likes this.
  14. David P. Hill

Would it be too much to ask you all that bought either bags showing how they look with your box set in them, some pics?
    I also have Santana One-Step and several box sets to determine what I will use to protect them.

Myke likes this.
  15. Myke

I don't have a camera, or cell phone, so no pictures from me, but ! I got to say, I couldn't be happier ! Free shipping was a LARGE Priority box, packed extremely well, so there's that.
    Next, while my One Step Abraxas was playing, I went straight to one of the Waylon Bear Family boxes ( my 3 largest, inc. the Orbison box )...fits like a glove !!!! :agree: When I folded the flap over, I used a small piece of scotch tape to hold it in place.
    Perfect !

Thank you very much, @ScottInDallas and @tympano !!!

16. David P. Hill

Oye Coma, is this one you are using? What price did you pay? Sleevie-wonder is the seller? 5-Box-Set-Sleeves-4mil-XL-Flap-2-1-2-MAX-LP-Vinyl-Record-Outer-Plastic-Bag
    Looks like the Tom Petty's HB box sets is the size limit. I measured mine, 2-1/2". On the Santana One-Step, 1-1/4"- 1-1/2" thick? On yours did you let the bottom of the set
    go flush with the bag, and the top flush with the box, , then the flap down? Maybe some of the will have a camera to take some example pics.

17. David P. Hill

I see my link didn't work, sorry about that. The first link left by the forum says "sale has ended." I'll have to measure all my lp box sets and see what fits or not? Beatles box cd sets and Doors's cd box sets are very different

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  18. ScottInDallas

ScottInDallas Forum Resident

I'll be home late this week and will take a couple of pics.

David P. Hill likes this.
  19. Myke

As I finished up today, I saw that he also sent me 4 different styles of inner sleeves, as a free sample. Smart businessman, very smart !

20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Thanks for the link, Myke.

21. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

I get those bigger oversize ones from Bags Unlimited, mentioned above. They work great, they've never not fit a box set of mine. I split the order with a friend, so we each got about a dozen or so. Made it a lot easier splitting the order with someone else since almost nobody has that many box sets to order a full bag.

22. Myke

In post #37 ? You're welcome.

23. Myke

I have 25 of the BIG box sets. :shrug:

24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yes.

Myke likes this.
  25. BluRayVen

BluRayVen Well-Known Member