PopMarket customer service?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by zphage, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They should never get a cut if a transaction is cancelled Even if it is a small amount send them an email. Both of them...

2. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Did am awaiting a reply.

3. Ever get a reply? More stuff delays so I've finally given up on them... too bad. I'd rather pay a bit more and get my product shipped in a timely manner.

4. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Got the fob off. We refunded the full amount yaba, yaba, yaba

5. Stump

Stump Forum Resident

Popmarket is a joke.I too have my first order for the last 2 months.I will keep the order open for now but NEVER AGAIN.
    Give me Amazon any-day.
    Stump

6. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

This is weird. I ordered the Nuggets 2LP vinyl on Monday this week and received it on Thursday! No complaints this time around. Could it be popmarket is under new management, or is it just that they estimated the stock supply versus estimated demand a little better. The last time the Nuggets set was offered, it went out of stock before the end of the day. I guess Rhino made/found some more!

7. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

I got an email from them this morning, which acknowledged that they had received my enquiry (sent last week, about the still-not-shipped Mastodon LP/DVD set from a couple of months back) but due to a system error they couldn't read it and didn't know what it was about.
    An order I placed after that one (for the Aerosmith RSD LP bundle) arrived within a week or two. :shrug:

8. I quit buying after a few stupid customer service situations. Too bad

9. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

The only problem I have ever experienced with PopMarket is that they list things for sale that they don't have and will never have. Ever. Strangely they still happily accept people's money for these imaginary items. Which they can't ship. Because they've never had them, and they never will have them. Ever.

Other than that they're aces.

Jam757 and Mazzy like this.
  10. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

Just checking my account (to see whether there's any movement on that Mastodon set mentioned above) and the Buddy Guy set ordered yesterday has already shipped. I did not receive an email notification.

They have good deals but their inventory control is flaky at best, and it seems their IT systems are totally wack!

11. Ha ! That seems to be so true

12. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Marketplace Discussions.

13. steveinphilly

steveinphilly Forum Resident

Sorry--newbie mistake! I'll move it there.

14. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

15. Find their Facebook page if you use Facebook. I inboxes them there and this guy got back to me but it was still a bad situation. But at least more people who contact them about problems may help them get better. But they are wonky

16. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

I only dealt with them once, but I was apalled by their customer service and their shipping in a pizza box without any protection whatsoever. They NEVER address customer concerns. I agree with other posters, their customer service is outsourced and I guess based in another part of the world.... All questions are replied to by Joel C31B or Christopher C3Z5, the nice guys with the fancy employee numbers... :D

17. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

They actually used a pizza box?

All the stuff I've received from them has been well packaged. I've only bought records and I'm in Canada so who knows maybe that makes a difference for some reason, different warehouse maybe? I can't fault them on packaging myself.

I haven't bought anything recently though. It seems that complaints have been increasing. Maybe they're getting too big too fast and can't really cope with the increase in orders?

18. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Still waiting for my Spoon vinyl!

19. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Dozens of orders received without any problem here in Europe and always shipped DDP meaning import duties and taxes pais by them. Just received Neil Young Archives No 1 on Blu-ray perfectly packaged. The Grateful Dead vinyl box as well with one disc having a problem; they shipped me a replacement box without asking the first one back.

20. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

Still waiting on a purchase I made in April. Almost 5 months and no albums yet. I have been pretty happy with the other stuff I have purchased from them. I will continue to wait......

21. bibijeebies

How does that work then? My one shipment was dony by DHL and involved extra charges, so how do you manage to get this free of extra costs?

22. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

No idea, really. Perhaps they have other deal with the shipments to Netherlands.

The first time I got the phone call from UPS asking me my permission to do the custom clearance I denied, since I knew how much these couriers charge for such services. But then they replied that the paperwork shows that the package is sent DDP (Duties paid) meaning Popamarket pays for everything. And this happened dozens of times after this. Just note that they ship with UPS only the large expensive packages. Otherwise they ship with normal US mail (USPS).

23. bibijeebies

Thanks, is this something a customer can ask them beforehand, prior to the transaction (the DDP I mean), as they have notoriously bad customer service (outsourced and standard replies to customer queries).

24. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I do not think so. It seems it is country-depending.

25. bibijeebies

This is on their site regarding shipping:

My international shipping and tax/duty charges seem very high, why is that?

Most of our larger international orders ship via UPS World Wide Saver (Delivery Duty Paid) or Express Saver (Delivery Duty Paid), which means your total cost includes all duties, customs clearance fees, taxes or VAT, and international UPS freight charges. Your total US $ price is therefore locked in and no additional fees will be due when UPS delivers your parcel. Customs delays are also less likely since UPS handles the clearances on your behalf.

All other international delivery methods do not include these costs, and taxes, duties, and customs fees may be due upon delivery.

Please Note: Unless your order was in US Dollars, GBP, or Euros, the local currency amount charged to your credit card may be slightly different than the amount shown at checkout. That's because the exchange rate may have fluctuated from the day you placed the order to the day we shipped it and charged your credit card with the US $ amount.

Duties and taxes are not included in my total. When and how much will I have to pay?

Only international orders shipping via UPS Worldwide Saver (Deliver Duty Paid) or Express Saver (Deliver Duty Paid) will include taxes and duties. All other international orders may be subject to taxes, duties, and fees, once they reach your country. We have no control over these charges and they may vary widely from country to country. You, as the importer of record, will have to comply with the laws and regulations of your country and will be responsible for these charges. Please note that customs clearance procedures may cause delivery delays.

These charges may either be due upon delivery, or you may receive a notice asking you to go to your local post office to pay duties/taxes and to pick up your parcel

If you parcel takes longer than estimated, please contact your local post office, your parcel may be held there if customs charges are due.

My order is shipping from the E.U. - do I have to pay VAT& Duties?

When your item ships from the E.U. all VAT/taxes and duties are included in your total.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.