PopMarket customer service?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by zphage, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Excellent service. My replacement was not warped.

2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I haven't ordered much from them, but everything I've purchased has arrived in a very reasonable time and in good shape.

3. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

I've ordered quite a bit from them in the past, the key with them is to wait, wait, and wait some more.
    Their orders have always showed up (for me, anyway) but require a LOT of patience!

4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Last two months have been HELL with them , my two Credit cards are new cards (company sent new one's with new Expiration dates) & it tells me i have to enter the CVV code to use them which their server can not process ,their server will not accept the code ........ of course these cards have been working everywhere for 2 months ...
    I have been after them over the past 2 months & they can't do anything about it .......today same problem , now they want me to open a new account with a new email ? Huh ?

Hello David,

We have received information from management regarding your concern.

Unfortunately, we cannot reset your account anymore to resolve this concern.

The only option is to create a new account using another email and provide your new credit card information as you create.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Kevin

5. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Paypal is your solution.

quicksrt, Davidmk5 and GentleSenator like this.
  6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh but paypal will only let me pay with my Paypal Credit which means at the end of the month i have to pay it off with a bank transfer (huge pain & paypal has screwed up my bank account before)...... that's what i have been doing , but it won't let me pay with a credit card through them even though it's on the account .

7. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

PayPal will let you pay with CC's connected to your account, you have to clock on the "change payment method" key right next to the "use paypal credit" key. Then it will list your connected CC's and you choose. You don't have to use PayPal credit, but it will always be the default option when trying to pay with PayPal.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  8. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks ! i'll try it next time appreciate the tip ....

Mr. H likes this.
  9. freetolive

freetolive Member

I would like to ask Popmarket a question about A Jimi Hendrix vinyl bundle, but I can't seem to find a email. I want to know if these are from the Experience Hendrix releases. Probably are, but it would still be nice to get a confirmation.

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

11. imthewalrus79

imthewalrus79 Forum Resident

The issue I'm currently having isn't just with the Popmarket site; it also deals with the Disney Music Emporium (which MyPlay Direct also owns). The sad thing is that while they've seemed to try to make things right, they've just caused more issues.

The story starts with my pre-ordering of The Silly Symphony Collection from Disney Music Emporium. When I had placed the pre-order, there was a deal where you could save 20% on your order if you used your Disney Visa card. The issue here was that they never really listed exactly when the set was coming out. The order confirmation email they sent listed it as shipping just before Thanksgiving. However, that time period came and went without it happening. My emails to MyPlay Direct asking about a release date went unanswered. In the meantime, I was going on a trip to Walt Disney World. Since I could get discounts down there by shopping with my Disney Visa card, I decided I would use it down there and pay it off as soon as I got back home. Unfortunately, the money did not get put on the card in time. Apparently, they were ready to ship the set; but my order was cancelled since the card didn't get accepted one time.

Before we go any further, let's look at this so far, the set was pre-ordered in August and the set was finally ready to be shipped in December. I can get why they wouldn't want to put a hold on a credit card for all of that time. But, couldn't and shouldn't they have sent an email out a week or so before saying that the set was going to ship soon and cards would be charged within a week. And MyPlay Direct has to be the only company I know of that will cancel your order after one declined card. Any other company I've dealt with would give you a day or two to get back to them with another payment method before cancelling. But hey, at least they suggested I placed a new order using a different card.

Anyway, I contacted them saying about how I had a discount applied to the order. To their credit, they got back to me and said that, while they couldn't give me a discount on the Disney Music Emporium, they could give me a 20% discount if I ordered the set through PopMarket.com. So, I decided to order the set through there. I eventually get the set, but without the 10" single of The Skeleton Dance/Three Little Pigs that came with the set through the Disney Music Emporium site, they advertised as part of the set on PopMarket.com (they have since removed any references to the single from the PopMarket site), and had said I would get in the email they sent. Again, when I contacted them about this, they set up an order for the single through the Disney Music Emporium site and I did receive it. But then I found out that there would be Disney Movie Rewards for the set if it was ordered through the Disney Music Emporium. So, now I'm trying to deal with Disney directly to see if I can get the Movie Rewards points since the company they trusted to run their site instead directed me away from it. It's also my hope that they realize that this company is hurting the great customer service that the Disney company tends to be known for.

As if that wasn't enough, right around the same time, they sent a card with a discount code for 25% off an order. They had just put the Queen at the Odeon Deluxe Set up on their site, which would come to a great price with that discount. The set was listed as "In Stock" when I clicked to put it in the shopping cart. As soon as the order was placed and went through, the item was suddenly on backorder. It's been almost two months since I've placed the order and they still say they have no idea when they'll get more stock and ship my order. I'd love to know how this company can not get a item that saw a wide release worldwide back in stock within two months.

12. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

Apologies if it's not alright to bring this thread back from the grave but I've never received any sort of response from popmarket for two different issues. The first was to cancel an order, it never happened so I just sucked it up and accepted it. The second time, more recently, I have a defective out of shrink record with glue or dirt on the record right in the first track. Again I have reached out to popmarket with no reply other than their auto response. I even double check my spam folder. Has anyone successfully exchanged a defect record with popmarket? How did you get in touch with them? The website has some cruddy form that you fill out and never hear back on.

In my desperation I have also reached out to Rhino about it, no reply from them either :(

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah they suck. it took me two weeks to get an actual resolution to a recent issue. i had to take to twitter to ask them why they were so terrible to get any action. eventually after much hassle they simply replaced my records free of charge.

14. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Try contacting them on facebook. They will respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.