Popmarket Deals Thread (New Site!)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by GentleSenator, Jun 22, 2020.

1. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Nawwww...then this thread would get clogged up with actual deals.

hutlock likes this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if Thread Starter

...says the fella who's only jumped in twice to threadcrap instead of discuss a deal or add a new one. feel free to make an actual contribution any time!

here's a deal:

Wagner's Parsifal 5xLP AAA set:
    Parsifal on PopMarket

$43.00 before coupon, free shipping.

Discogs entry: Richard Wagner, René Kollo, Theo Adam, Ulrik Cold, Gisela Schröter, Reid Bunger, Rundfunkchor Leipzig, Rundfunkchor Berlin, Thomanerchor Leipzig*, Rundfunk-Sinfonie-Orchester Leipzig, Herbert Kegel - Parsifal

Strat-Mangler and hutlock like this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Interesting note: last night i placed an order from the latest round of Deep Discount crazysales and found that I forgot to add The Who Live at Filmore East 1968 vinyl set. Rather than place a new order on DD and have to pay shipping, I bought it on Pop Market instead. Price was about a buck more but it was free shipping.

Even better—I haven’t received so much as a confirmation email on my DD order, but my Pop Market order has already shipped.

So if you aren’t hitting that free shipping threshold from DD, definitely check at Pop Market and it will probably work out better for you.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    samwisefan and GentleSenator like this.
  4. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  5. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this. I ordered these as a back up pair for the travel bag and gym bag. I have to say they don't sound half bad for $8.56 shipped.

hutlock and black sheriff like this.
  6. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Glad to hear. The reviews were mostly good so I figured for under $10 shipped it was worth a shot. I’m still waiting on mine.

hutlock and DailyHiFi like this.
  7. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

GentleSenator and superstar19 like this.
  8. GentleSenator

...or is it? who's ready to gamble?

9. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I received an email from Popmarket saying it was in stock, so there was stock... just not sure how many. I placed an order. Hopefully it goes through.

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

It shipped!

11. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I still buy things upon occasion from Popmarket. A few days ago, they had a good price on the 4 LP release of the Rolling Stones 1989 show from New Jersey on the Steel Wheels tour. I have a number of these Stones archival live releases and this one interested me because of the special guests - Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Eric Clapton and John Lee Hooker - and the fact that this was the band's last tour with Bill Wyman. Amazon had it for $80, with Popmarket's price $71. Free shipping, too. Maybe a dramatically lower price will appear elsewhere before its release the end of September but this was the best deal I could find today, so I made the pre-order.

black sheriff likes this.
  12. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Johnny Wong likes this.
  13. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

14. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

SJP, GentleSenator and black sheriff like this.
  15. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

Thanks! I’m looking to order and came here to find best price...

16. hype

hype Forum Resident

Just a heads up for you and anyone else. If you put an item in your basket but dont check out they will probably send you a $5 off $25 purchase code. It worked for me and a friend.

Davidmk5, hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  17. hutlock

I have had that happen as well, but only the first time I did it. Still, worth a shot!

18. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

19. parkmebike

parkmebike I'm in love with a girl...

Popmarket has the 200g LP reissues of XTC - Oranges and Lemons and Nonsuch, prices seem to be the best around!

Oranges and Lemons 33.79
    Nonsuch 31.79

hutlock likes this.
  20. hutlock

Wow, nice!

21. hutlock

Well, I ordered the Coltrane Plays The Blues LP from Pop Market on 8/20 and received a confirmation email within 60 minutes of placing the order. I just checked on PM now and it still hasn’t shipped apparently.

On 8/23, I ordered three Bevis Frond LPs from PM. Never got a confirmation or a shipping notice. They arrived today.

I give up trying to figure this place out.

GentleSenator and superstar19 like this.
  22. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I received my Coltrane Plays the Blues LP from Popmarket a few days ago. It is awesome!
    I hope yours will come soon!

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  23. hutlock

Ugh me too! Glad you got it though. I have a couple of others in this series so I’m really hoping it comes through!

neubian likes this.
  24. GentleSenator

it's this nonsense that led me to believe we'd actually get that ol' nitzer ebb set, but alas...

25. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah not sure how long i want to wait and see if my orders process that DD was out of.
    makes no sense because both have these in stock but at much higher prices than what i ordered.