Popmarket vs. Import CDs

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by rudybeet, Oct 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudybeet

rudybeet Forum Resident Thread Starter

Boy, this is a strange business model. I preordered a box set from PM. Close to release date, it was $13 cheaper at Import CDs so I ordered from them and tried to cancel PM. PM told me it was too late to cancel. On Saturday, I received identical boxes from the identical return address. Same company, same location, different prices for the same item. :shrug:

2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Rob Hughes, fluxkit and 905 like this.
  3. fluxkit

fluxkit Things that don't swing are meaningless.

I order mostly from Import but also Popmarket. They own other sites too. All the same distributor. But sites like Popmarket and others used to be different companies that either went under and sold the domain or got bought out. Instead of merging all the sites they still operate them as if they are different shops.

4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I've only tried to cancel an order once from this entity, the DD version IIRC. I was told the same thing. Once an order hits their system, you ain't gonna be able to cancel it.

5. fluxkit

fluxkit Things that don't swing are meaningless.

I've canceled orders with them only after the item was delayed or seemed to be unable to stock. But otherwise an order seems to be final.

SJP likes this.
  6. rudybeet

rudybeet Forum Resident Thread Starter

I contacted PM and they are physically mailing me a return label to send back the unopened box for full credit. Fine by me, but they are paying to ship it back when they could have just cancelled it before it left. Oh well.

fluxkit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.