Popular Bands Who Didn't Change Their Sound, Including Production

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MortSahlFan, Oct 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident Thread Starter

AC/DC is the closest thing I can think of this. Their music wasn't very diverse, but they were still popular, and I like handfuls of songs. I don't remember them sounding like many bands in the 80s - the loud snare drum, reverberated, the jangly Strat guitar, etc..

I prefer bands who change with each album, like Pink Floyd, but I also admire a band like AC/DC who weren't going to change because of "the times", or to add "drum machines" to sound current. All that does is make music dated after a while, instead of making music that is timeless.

7solqs4iago likes this.
  2. Timothy Aborn

Timothy Aborn Forum Resident

Black Sabbath, arguably, never really did.

MortSahlFan likes this.
  3. Style perhaps but sound and production improve when a band gets money. Using your example, AC/DC had one sound from "TNT" to "Powerage", then another from "HWY To Hell" to "For Those About To Rock". A very dry production with "Flick Of The Switch" and then a very 'produced' album with "The Razor's Edge". Since "Ballbreaker" they have been consistent.
    Their style did change a little from boogie blues to heavy rock, but yeah they have pretty much stayed the same.
    Style wise, I'll go The Ramones. Again production is all over the place.

Jimmy B. and MortSahlFan like this.
  4. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

I need it made know that it's impossible to make a CR-78 or 808 sound dated

They sound like the future

5. MortSahlFan

Great one. I've only really paid attention to Ozzy Sabbath, and they're one of my favorite bands and surprised I didn't think of this, while thinking of AC/DC, which is a band that made a handful of songs I liked, but wouldn't call myself a fan.

6. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Motorhead. Couple minor changes along the way, one overproduced album out of dozens, but that's it.

7. MortSahlFan

Led Zeppelin

To nitpick, the drums on "In Through The Out Door" sounds like they were recorded in a garage. The isolated drum track of "All My Love" is probably still on YouTube, but when you hear it, it fits.

8. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

The Ramones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.