Porcupine Tree new album - CLOSURE / CONTINUATION June 24 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by opiumden, Nov 1, 2021.

1. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I could not be more excited about this!!! While I love SW’s solo stuff, I still like PT better, and I’ve really missed them. Also can’t wait to see them on tour. pre-ordered the deluxe cd/blu-ray and the vinyl.

2. Mr Matchbox

Mr Matchbox Forum Resident

I'm rather disappointed I'm going to have to pay £55 if I want the blu-ray. I miss those lovely digibooks with the CD and a DVD or blu-ray that Wilson used to do for less than £15.

aroney, Plan9, maki881 and 3 others like this.
  3. riskylogic

riskylogic Forum Resident

I'm excited, but not excited enough to preorder eight months in advance. I'd rather just have the bluray, of course. Even if I do end up buying the art book, I should be able to whittle something of the shipping.

Also, I note that Tidal has "Harridan" in two formats - stereo and 360 ra. I'm just getting stereo from both. Is this another format war, damn it?

4. MrCJF

MrCJF Best served with coffee and cake.

Is that the same 360 used for the new Momentary Lapse of Reason on digital platforms. Lots of criticism of it on that album's thread.

Pink Floyd "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason (Deluxe Edition)" CD/Blu-ray set

5. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Has anyone in the US successfully ordered the 3-disc deluxe (CDs/BR) from Burning Shed? If so, may I ask how much shipping was? (I'm unable to see what my shipping cost would be because they currently show it as sold out).

I preordered through the "official" PT store (Townsend Music) to avoid missing out altogether but may cancel that in favor of BS if significant savings can be had. BS' product price is lower than the official/PT/TM store, but I've found that lower prices are occasionally offset by generous (to the seller) shipping costs.

6. riskylogic

7. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

The single is already available in an Atmos mix on Apple TV.

elee532 and riskylogic like this.
  8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

If Harridan is any indication no one is going to complain that the mastering is "crushed". Good track.

Plan9, Skylab and Ignominious like this.
  9. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

It will be different; I think you can count on that much.

10. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Just listened to Harridan. I love it. Great, great track. PT fans will not be disappointed.

Skylab likes this.
  11. riskylogic

I may have to ditch Tidal.

12. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Couldn't agree more. I'm so excited to hear Gavin's drumming again with Steven.

Drew769 likes this.
  13. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I knew it was ringing some bells but I couldn't figure out what it reminded me of.

ponkine likes this.
  14. Dr Mike

Dr Mike Forum Resident

Probably SW. He's always played a lot of the bass on the studio recordings.

Almost certainly. The Burning Shed folks have been surprisingly transparent about the fact that a lot of stuff that's been semi-officially announced – notably the Deadwing box and the No-Man OLI box – have been delayed for this reason.

ponkine likes this.
  15. Ignominious

Ignominious Knock and Know All!

I'm loving this new song release!! A much missed band although it's a shame that Colin Edwin is not involved this time around.

testingcan and Skylab like this.
  16. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

Wow! Didn’t see this coming. Very interested.

17. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

I just ordered the single CD thru BS and they charged a little under $10 for shipping.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  18. CHALKERS

CHALKERS Forum Resident

Once again I've ordered more than I planned to! I ordered the deluxe vinyl edition, but I didn't realise that the deluxe CD edition had extra tracks so I ordered that as well. I'm super super excited about this album but I don't want to have heard two thirds of the album before it's released so I'm going to try my best to avoid listening to any songs until June 2022. The build up to The Future Bites absolutely killed the special moment of first listening to it - I'd heard 75% of the album already! I hope the same mistake isn't made again.

19. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Ordered from PT site the deluxe vinyl set and the CD/vinyl set from BS.....Reason is when I went to BS it said all the deluxe and few others were sold out already, only the black vinyl was available.
    Then clicked into BS again later on and it said all were available but would not take my order. Ohh well, at least I have the deluxe 45rpm which is what I wanted anyhow, I may just sell the black/CD set.........I suspect these will all sell out today tomorrow and become uber expensive on release day, next friggin year!!!

20. Skylab

Skylab Arriving somewhere but not here

Ordered both the vinyl and CD box sets. Have played “Harridan” 3 times, absolutely LOVE it. What a great day!!!

Catcher10 likes this.
  21. Catcher10

I assume SW is playing the bass.......I wonder what happened to Edwin? His playing is always stellar.

22. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

European tour announced

Wonder if Nick Beggs is going to play bass

[​IMG]

andrewskyDE and thgord like this.
  23. Catcher10

Hey Rob
    Yea I freaked a bit, woke up this morning and saw the annoucement came out at 3am, I was like "man all the stuff is sold out!!" LOL Luckily I was able to snag two versions....Stoked as Harridan is killer!!

Skylab and Dark_Matter like this.
  24. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I am one who would like to hear advance tracks from the album. Too many variables at this point to be able to predict what this album may sound like. This will not be a blind / automatic buy for me.

25. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

If this happens there is something seriously wrong. This would make no sense. The record company and the band would be leaving money on the table. The band makes no money from secondary sales by flippers.

Starwanderer, Catcher10 and obi like this.