Porcupine Tree new album - CLOSURE / CONTINUATION June 24 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by opiumden, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Skylab

Skylab Arriving somewhere but not here

hey Jose!!! Yeah I panicked when I saw the deluxe boxes were sold out at Burning Shed, but then saw they were available at the official PT store.

Catcher10 likes this.
  2. Tony Neumayr

Tony Neumayr Well-Known Member

This is AWESOME! Really looking forward to the new tunes. 3 LP set is pricey, but worth it! Hope to catch them on tour!

Skylab likes this.
  3. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

It was weird, I then went back into BS and the stuff sold out was showing available again.....oh well, I've ordered and am very pleased....The wait begins!

Skylab likes this.
  4. MrCJF

MrCJF Best served with coffee and cake.

How about Tony Levin?

emmodad and ponkine like this.
  5. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Bro better buy now, or cry later. People have been waiting for this for over 10 years.......maybe the CD versions will remain available but any of the deluxe editions will be gone very soon. Nothing wrong with the system, just people buying it. Burning Shed is already our of several versions.

6. mr335

mr335 Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip on the Amazon.de option! Total cost (including shipping to the US) was about $15 USD cheaper than BS or PT site. :righton:

obi likes this.
  7. MrCJF

Are we thinking the letters on the back of the book refer to song titles?

[​IMG]

Skylab, ponkine and obi like this.
  8. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Apparently I blinked and missed out on the signed editions. Blah.

9. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

That would be amazing. But might also depend on how much live work SW wants to do. Tony is 75, he seems a very healthy 75 for sure, but who knows if he wants to do a full-scale album cycle tour. PT did over 100 shows for each of their last four albums before splitting and SW did even more than that for his last two solo albums. Of course they may not follow the same pattern here, but certainly there's a lot of precedence for it being a fairly serious commitment for a year or so for whomever the bass player ends up being.

emmodad, MrCJF and ponkine like this.
  10. MrCJF

That's a fair assessment. I think Gavin is raring to go after a relatively short KC tour, with fairly short concerts. Tony may want to take it easy. Of course Peter Gabriel may release a new album and announce a tour in the next couple of months (and pigs might fly).

Dark_Matter likes this.
  11. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Good choice

Obviously KC won't be touring (Gavin Harrison will be playing with PT), and Gavin and Tony has been playing together for years

But at the moment it seems Nick Beggs has a free agenda during 2022. The Trifecta project is a one off, apparently. And Craig Blundell will be touring with Steve Hackett

12. walrus

Yeah, I'm just speculating. Gavin could do both depending on KC's tour schedule (if there is a tour schedule). But also IMO he's more replaceable in KC than Tony is, which is not a slight on Gavin at all.

But Beggs is obviously the most logical choice unless he didn't want to do it for some reason. And he'd do a great job, I'm sure.

13. Harry42

Harry42 Forum Resident

Was anyone of you able to order the white vinyl from Burning Shed?

14. walrus

Is there a reason why he's not doing the Hackett gig?

boboquisp likes this.
  15. Lightform

Lightform Forum Resident

It was 23 GBP to Canada. BS have said they might be allocated more, but no promises.

16. mattazing

mattazing Forum Resident

Do you have a link to the Amazon page?

17. obi

obi Forum Resident

Finch Platte and mattazing like this.
  18. mattazing

mattazing Forum Resident

19. obi

obi Forum Resident

Let's see what happens. The box set is listed as "exclusive" on the TM Stores site, so maybe it's a mistake that Amazon sells it, but I reckon it's legit.

20. Tony-A

Tony-A Forum Resident

@obi and @Finch Platte
    Thank you!
    Also got mine through Amazon.de. I tried early today with Burning Shed, but they were sold out already.

Peace,
    Tony

Finch Platte likes this.
  21. testingcan

testingcan Forum Dissident

Is it just me, or is there a lot of talk about versions and preorders compared to discussion about the new song in here? :D

David Silverman likes this.
  22. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

They are in no way a singles band, so I suspect they released the track which most clearly pointed to the direction they are headed musically. I dunno. It’s fresh and most definitely prog!

Finch Platte and Playloud like this.
  23. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I keep trying to preorder the deluxe vinyl via PayPal and it keeps telling me that Townsend Music does not ship to my location. I'm in the US.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: I had to re-add my address on the paypal screen and then magically it worked! Pre-ordered deluxe vinyl and cassette.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  24. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

No fear of that happening here. Wilson have been aware of this problem for ages. No way he is gonna let that happen.

25. Jwag1

Jwag1 Forum Resident

Very excited! I became a fan back in 2011. Great to actually get something new, not just new to me.