'Pose' new series by Ryan Murphy 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by johnaltman, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

This season was probably fully written before they knew there was going to be a third, so that final episode works as a finale and also as teaser for where the show goes next season.
    Wonderful second season, at times hitting so many high notes I was wondering if their luck would run out. The girl trip 8th episode was both funny and right on, especially Elektra's read on the upper class white folks in the restaurant, and Blanca's resurrection to Whitney's "God Bless America" was triumphant for her and great big middle finger to those who would (to this day) deny the existence and rights of certain members of our society.
    The show is a primer on how to be dramatic, funny, politically on point and entertaining. Best thing on television and I can't wait for next year. Hopefully I'll be seeing Mj Rodriguez in Little Shop Of Horrors this fall.

jpelg likes this.
  2. Kym

Kym Former Resident

My favorite line from the season finale: Elektra's repeated "Come judge for me. Come judge for me. Come judge for me." :laugh:

Uh, what happened to Blanca's new friend Adrian?

jpelg likes this.
  3. ralphb

That kind of got lost, didn't it? I'm hoping it's a teaser for what will happen with Blanca next season.
    Another funny bit was Elektra hanging air fresheners in her closet to combat a certain odor she was dealing with. That's based on a true story from the ballroom community. Hope it becomes a plot point next season.

Kym likes this.
  4. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Yes! I was going to mention the Dorian Corey-inspired subplot. That certainly needs attention. Pine can only go so far. ;)

ralphb likes this.
  5. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Yessssss!!!!

Kym likes this.
  6. ralphb

And again, thanks to Patti LuPone for being the brilliant scene stealer that she is. Hope she comes back next season.

Kym likes this.
  7. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

8. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Congrats to Billy Porter for winning the "Best Actor, Drama" Emmy in recognition for his role in "Pose"!

ralphb likes this.
  9. ralphb

Yes, big congrats to the divine Billy Porter, that win was historic .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.