Positive aspects of eBay

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Francophile50, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear. Thread Starter

Yesterday I posted a thread asking for positive and negative aspects of different online sellers of CDs and LPs.

I guess we're not supposed to stress negative things about people or places to maybe avoid legal entanglements or bad tidings or something of that nature so today I went to look at the thread and it was missing and I don't see any reference of it in my content list.

I completely understand the moderators wish to keep this a positive forum and I commend the for it and I didn't mean any ill will I just didn't know.

That being said I wanted to start a new thread to kind of explore how people felt about different things. I know more about eBay and have more experience with them than any other online marketplace.

One aspect I do like about eBay that I don't know other places share as well is we have things were looking at in a place where we can keep things we're considering purchasing later. This is my watchlist on eBay.

Since I'm not a seller on eBay I don't know how you can look at things you had listed and how people interact with them. I have been contacted by sellers who have either made an offer to me or contacted me about purchasing the item that they have for sale. More than often they have offered me 10 to 25% off the item they have for sale. I can either just accept the offer or I can make a counter-offer.

I really like this aspect because it enables eBay to be proactive with me. I guess sellers figure if I'm on the fence and I'm watching something it's because I'm still deciding whether or not to buy that item and maybe all it will take is offering a few dollars off to make a sale.

Do other places like discogs or Amazon do anything like this? Anyway tell me what other features other marketplaces have that you like I'd be interested to hear.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.