Possibly Earliest Recording of Dylan's The Times They Are A-Changin' surfaces

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gniksam, Feb 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

This thread will interest you @Easy-E

2. kt66brooklyn

kt66brooklyn Senior Member

Percy Song likes this.
  3. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I can't find an itinerary for Theo Bikel travelling to Hawaii on a weekend in 1963, so that alley remains closed off for now.

Suze left the West 4th St. apartment in August. Although that wasn't really the end, it was a separation of sorts. Her autobiography does not tell her tale in linear fashion, so one moment it is 1965 and she's in the studio "playing" organ with Al Kooper at the "Highway 61 Revisited" sessions (who knew!?), the next she's travelling to Cuba via London with a group of people in 1964. However, there is no mention of trips out to California; indeed, after August 1963 she was working in New York as a waitress and as a theatre hand at least until November. She does indicate that Bob would come round to the apartment at Avenue B that she moved into with her sister after she left West Fourth Street. "He had just come back from California...."

Obviously, that might have been 1964, but I suppose what I'm saying is that Suze mentions nothing about going to California with Bob at all and it seems unlikely that she would not report on Bob singing songs from the yet-to-be-released album, especially "The Times They Are A-Changin'", at a house-party in California if she had witnessed it.

4. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I wonder if @twm is interested in the discussion so far....?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.