Post a single comic book frame*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Purple Jim, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

There's tons of pictures previously dropped on this thread, that wouldn't be regarded as realistic body shapes, hence I find it odd you jumped on mine. No need to be so sensitive.

The artwork from Hush is still highly regarded to this day. If you don't like it, then... okay.

2. Shawn

Shawn Forum Resident

Why oh why does Galactus have a big capitol ‘G’ on his outfit? Was he that enamored with the English language?

Harrocks, groundharp and beccabear67 like this.
  3. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical Omnivore

The steroid look drove me away from comics and the comic book shops that had big cut outs of Lobo or whatever in the window. It got so every male just about had tree trunk arms, thighs and necks, tiny head and cross hatching galore, usually a big leering, grinning or grimacing mouth. All the females had helium boobs and broken backs too and some kind of pouty tiny mouth. Bleh. Maybe the last new super-title I followed was Power Pack, I sure hope they didn't grow up to look monsterous in the Rob Leifield or whoever style. Total turnoff. I would feel frankly like an idiot being seen with one of those 'dark' usually casually violent comics in my hands. Make mine Owly! :cool:

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  4. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical Omnivore

Because comic books were not studied for doctoral thesis' at that time... people did not ask where Huey, Dewey and that other guy came from in Donald Duck, or what kind of eggs they ate at Grandma Duck's farm. Except for probably some of the underground cartoonists. :laugh:

lightbulb and Shawn like this.
  5. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Yeah, I too bailed out in the early 90's. Too many gimmick covers and crossovers. I dropped issues one by one until all that was left was Jeff Smith's "Bone". I can tell you exactly when I gave up on Marvel - I was enjoying Waid/Garney's run on "Captain America" when Marvel decided to do that "Heroes Reborn" crap and brought in the Image guys to revive the titles. So they rip Cap out of the capable hands of Waid and Garney and give it to Liefield, who drew Cap like he had a tumor in his chest of something. Anyway, that was the end for me. Glossy paper, mangia inspired stuff, quadruple D breasts....lame.

[​IMG]

I mean seriously....even I can draw perspective better than this.

6. Tristero

Tristero Forum Resident

7. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad While the moderators jest... Well, you know

Agreed. "Heroes Reborn"[sic] indeed... :hurl::hurlleft:

In my not-so-humble opinion, this is how Cap should look, period, end of story...

[​IMG]

Note: The original Cap circa 1941 as envisioned by Joe Simon & Jack Kirby (first round shield cover by Joe Simon)
    :cheers:
    Cat

8. Shawn

Shawn Forum Resident

9. Byrdsmaniac

Byrdsmaniac Forum Resident

When I was seven and eight years old Sky Masters was my favorite comic strip.

nikh33 likes this.
  10. Byrdsmaniac

11. Byrdsmaniac

12. Jim B.

Jim B. Forum Resident

Should be overated not operated, damn spell check!

13. Byrdsmaniac

14. Jim B.

Jim B. Forum Resident

Unbelievable that is. No one who draws like that should be working in the industry.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  15. FredV

FredV Forum Resident

[​IMG]

MerseyBeatle and beccabear67 like this.
  16. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Am I seeing things or is Bruce's pole bigger than Dick's!!??;)

17. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

More Alex Toth:
    [​IMG]

18. Frozensoda

Frozensoda Forum Resident

Fans of Pink Floyd’s Saucerful of Secrets should be able to recognize this frame from Dr. Strange.
    [​IMG]

19. Frozensoda

Frozensoda Forum Resident

20. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Not a huge comic fan but I had the original Star Wars comic book...always found this killing of Obi-Wan kind of ridiculous looking

[​IMG]

21. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

In fairness to artist Howard Chaykin, he had to draw that without seeing the movie, and with only the script and a few production stills to go on. He had no idea how it was going to be depicted visually in the film.

22. nikh33

nikh33 Forum Resident

Marie Severin, isn't it?

23. Jim B.

Jim B. Forum Resident

It's just a coincidence. It doesn't stand for Galactus, it's just his family crest. Like Superman's. cough.

Louise Boat and Shawn like this.
  24. Jim B.

Jim B. Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Travest Charest's Ladytron from Alan Moore's W.I.L.D.CATS

Louise Boat likes this.
  25. Jim B.

Jim B. Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Bill Sienkiewicz, New Mutants