Post an album that inspired your life everyday, and keep it going!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Twelvepitch, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurakan

Hurakan Forum Resident

Love - Da Capo - 1966

OneStepBeyond and Starwanderer like this.
  2. strummer101

strummer101 The insane on occasion aren't without their charms

Sinéad O'Conner, The Lion and the Cobra
    yeah, this is good.
    [​IMG]

3. Eleanora's Alchemy

Eleanora's Alchemy Forum Cryptid

Grimes - Geidi Primes {2010}

[​IMG]

4. Starwanderer

Starwanderer Senior Member

Supertramp - Crime of the Century

[​IMG]

5. Baldo

Baldo Forum Resident

6. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

7. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

8. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

9. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

From 1973. The first album I embraced (albeit a few years later, I was only 8 when this came out) that displayed a full range of pop brilliance. Later, I discovered The Beatles. Much later, Pet Sounds.
    [​IMG]

10. Baldo

Baldo Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Lee Davis likes this.
  11. Baldo

Baldo Forum Resident

12. DGC2001

DGC2001 Forum Resident

Eric Clapton - Journeyman
    Allman Brothers Band- Shades of Two Worlds
    These albums changed the trajectory of my music appreciation.

OneStepBeyond likes this.
  13. Baldo

Baldo Forum Resident

[​IMG]

TGH7 likes this.
  14. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

I live(d) in the white "T of PA" so family and friends thought I'd lost my mind when I was into this one. I didn't really have any thing like it in my collection. It's a record album I never tire of and still inspires...NP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OneStepBeyond likes this.
  15. newriverrat

newriverrat Forum Resident

Ordinary words arranged in extraordinary ways.

John Prine-"John Prine"

[​IMG]

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  16. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

This was only the second 'full' EC album I bought - the first was August. :righton:

Then again, it wasn't the first I bought that featured him - I got August first on CD after hearing an elder brother's cassette and I'd say that helped me decide I wanted to play guitar. And be good. Which people say I am. :) I have to thank EC in a big way for being one of my earliest influences (Robert Cray and Steve Hackett would make up a somewhat eclectic trio!) But I got The Cream Of Eric Clapton, then buying a reissue of Disraeli Gears was a given.

I would also have bought Wheels Of Fire and probably Fresh Cream before Journeyman was issued. From reviews, I thought it looked a good purchase. I wasn't wrong! I couldn't stop playing it - neither could a guitar playing friend as well. Easily one of his best solo releases and then of course 461 Ocean Boulevard, Slowhand and almost anything with his name on soon found its way into my collection. Great memories and marvelous album too. :thumbsup:

17. OneStepBeyond

One of the first 'actual' albums I listened to - in the mid/late 70s. My mum had a copy of this and With The Beatles (both mono) and I had to beg to hear them because I was told they 'might be worth something.' Well, they certainly are. :D Apart from a few early singles she also had and songs I heard on the radio, this is as far as my knowledge of them generally went although I was a big fan of Wings - they were mentioned a lot around that time of course but Lennon was in 'retirement' so I was barely aware of him which sounds odd but that was the way it was. Sgt Pepper etc, I came to many years later and did like this and WTB but found them a bit novel, I suppose...

18. OneStepBeyond

INCREDIBLE album. I love their first three but this is easily their best, IMO.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  19. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

I can't think of an album that inspired me every day.

20. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

"From The Lion's Mouth" by The Sound.

21. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

In honor of Mr Lowell George’s 75th, my favorite Little Feat song from my favorite Little Feat album, Sailin Shoes.

thematinggame likes this.
  22. Baldo

Baldo Forum Resident

23. OneStepBeyond

Arggh... I keep forgetting about this thread, so haven't posted in it for what seems like ages lol. But I want to... keep it going. :D So, I'm just going to post albums in chronological order from what I consider to be the year which I feel pop/rock albums really became a 'thing' and so there are rich pickings to show the ones that blew me away, have stuck with me totally and I don't think I'll ever tire of. The ones that changed my musical world in one way or another, basically. Which is roughly the premise of this thread as I see it. :) These are FAR more than simply favourites. And sorry if I re-post ones that I listed without artwork a little earlier on - there were a handful of those... me attempting to play catchup. :unhunh:

[​IMG]
    The Dave Brubeck Quartet: Time Out

Certainly the album that got me more than a little fascinated at where jazz could take my musical mind! And rightly so, I have a few copies/versions of it... :righton:

DmitriKaramazov and Twelvepitch like this.
  24. OneStepBeyond

I'd just consider it to be albums that continue to excite for years and years after first hearing them... ones that get into your consciousness and remain there, perhaps... then there are those times you realise you really need to hear it again and the thought of being unable to do so is something you'd not want to ponder on for long. :)

25. Baldo

Baldo Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.