Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 12)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

2. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Small changes, some room treatment (helped a good bit in an oddly shaped room). Added my Merrill Heirloom which was completely overhauled by Anthony Scillia, it's now awaiting a Pete Riggle Woody tonearm, which I'm very excited for. Also my new record rack which I posted else where.

image.jpg image.jpg

CowFish, Dmann201, McLover and 29 others like this.
  3. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

The soft focus around the edges on your photos give it an otherworldly feel. Your Reynauds seem to glow. Nice pics...I bet it sounds wonderful.

4. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Thanks, it does sound wonderful. It's always a bit of a work in progress, but I've come to accept that that's part of the enjoyment (for me).

5. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Jtycho,

That record rack is beautiful! Where'd you get it?

Bill

Keith Boleen and PhilBiker like this.
  6. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Thanks Bill!

Loft3f.com. They'll custom make it in any size.

7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

That is cool. I'm trying to get a feel for how many records that will hold. 600 or so?

8. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Yea at the most if you want to actually flip though them. But I didn't have much space so it's only 14" deep. In retrospect I also would have done two standard shelves on the bottom, and one flip rack on top, probably would have stored 1000 or so that way. But my plan is to keep a rotation of about 500 of my preferred records in there, the rest, as well as box sets are on another shelf.

9. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Hey, I finally got one of them nifty cameras with the weird panorama thingy...

[​IMG]

10. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Warm, very welcoming space!! Not saying I'll get an invitation or anything - I'm at a bit of a distance ;)
    Yea, love the record rack too! Audio rack custom? Beautiful looking system!!

Enjoy.

cat9

Dmann201 likes this.
  11. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

Previously, I had put up this photo (taken for another purpose) but it showed the Tannoy Canterbury SE loudspeakers. At that time I alluded to a pair of McIntosh Mc-75 power amps, one of which can be just made out perhaps below the left Mc-2301 tube amp.

[​IMG]

Tonight I had occasion to take the mint 60th Anniversary Mc-75 out of "moth balls" and set them up so I took another photo which shows them. I guess you have to kind of combine the big picture with the new show of the Mc-75s to get the whole concept. I'm still kind of moving into my new home so even this setup is temporary. But if you like McIntosh, I think these are pretty cool. They are serial number(s) one.

The left amp is PRA-001 and the right amp is PRB-001, and the preamp, the 60th Anniversary C-22, is PRC-001. I believe PR stand for Public Relations, as these would have been the first set, which I imagine was handmade (well, probably they all were) because they knew it would represent their high-water mark and be scrutinized. They passed with flying colors. Okay, here's the Mc-75 amps. I've got them up and running tonight.

When I get fully settled in, I will take a nice photo of the whole listening room. I think that's really the point of this thread. But meanwhile, here is a functioning work-in-progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Whoa. Dude.

MisterBritt likes this.
  13. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Turn it loose; you got the McIntosh power. :D

14. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

WOW! Do give us better pics of the entire room when you get the chance.

MisterBritt likes this.
  15. Blue Collar Man

Blue Collar Man Active Member

Beautiful setup!

16. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

didn't you use to have B&W's

17. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Thanks!

18. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Ha yea I'd invite you over but it's not quite welcoming enough to warrant that drive! It is a nice little sanctuary for me though a little 6 week old boy has been steeling its thunder as of late!

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Congrats on your baby boy. :cheers:

I see a nice pair of headphones and headphone amp in your future*. :)...unless you have one of those man caves. :laugh:

*i have a 2 and 5 year old. The big speakers don't get played as much as they used to.

20. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Thanks! I'm not much of a headphone guy, but if that's the last choice it could be worse! I'm in a spare bedroom, which of course I will lose when we have another baby. Just biding my time!

black sheriff likes this.
  21. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

It happens quicker than you want it to. I was in a spare bedroom that is now a guest bedroom since my second child was born (five years ago when I had no kids I thought a 4 bedroom house was safe). A guest bedroom is fine unless your wife insists on putting a queen size bed in it. Anyway, I moved my main speakers in the living room but now have a computer setup in the guest bedroom and a compact setup in my master bedroom. I also bought a nice pair of headphones which get a lot of use.

Next house I'll definitely be having a dedicated audio room.

motorcitydave and black sheriff like this.
  22. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

I'm not sure if that was directed to me, but if yes, I did indeed. Nautilus 802s. This (below) is actually a much better photo, albeit of my previous listening environment. But my plan is to have something even better in my new home, which is a work in progress. (The home is done and I'm moved in. But at last count I had 17 chairs and couches in the living room alone! So I'm obviously still working the room.) I'll put a photo of it up, in all its coziness, when it's done!

[​IMG]

23. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

A major addition for me - my much sought after secondary deck for my new man-cave space. I have been looking for this deck (Harman Kardon T60c) for over a year now and finally found a 1 owner table locally. I just got it back from the local audio hospital for a complete once over, cleaning, function adjustment, and install of the Shure V 15 Type III with 30 hours on it that I found about a month ago - it finally has a new home!!

I am very psyched about this table! :agree:

HK1.jpg HK2.jpg HK3.jpg HK4.jpg

RonW, Johnny Vinyl, 24voltsdc and 5 others like this.
  24. ncblue

ncblue Well-Known Member

Sweet table!

cat9 likes this.
  25. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

super nice!

MisterBritt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.