Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 13)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Breaking-in a new cartridge. A UK Red DJM Tumbleweed providing groov-age.

[​IMG]

2. attym

attym Forum Resident

Thats
    very nice. I'm looking for something that would combine a turntable and TV....

3. hellion

hellion Forum Resident

This is my lo fi system, does the job for now

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Ortofun

Ortofun Well-Known Member

I should add, that the guy did a nice job, transformer is vintage Telefunken and the case is re-worked well.

5. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Awesome.
    The picture doesn't show as an image link. I right-clicked on the image placeholder and got the URL for the flickr album.

Do you use the sub for 2 channel music? Or is it for multi-channel use?

6. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I know the picture doesn't show as an image link. I did everything this site says to do to post an image. I don't know why the pic isn't showing here. Bummer. If anyone has advice as to how I can get the pic to show here I'm all ears, er eyes.

The sub is for surround only.

7. Retrofunk

Retrofunk Forum Resident

Pics of my listening room, far from perfect but its a dedicated room!:).......Tiffany should really thank me, it took a lot of Blue Boxes! LOL
    Hopefully these links work.....I'm new to this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barfko, bluesky, vs_jk and 26 others like this.
  8. Music1212

Music1212 Forum Resident

9. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

I don't have a flickr account so don't know exactly how to share a photo on flickr. However, if I go to your photstream that includes the picture of your setup and click on the "share this photo" arrow then try to get an HTML link I get an error saying "sharing is restricted for this photo". So perhaps it's a permissions restriction that isn't allowing a direct link to the photo for the public? But I don't use flickr so I don't know how they handle direct links to photos.

Based on reviews I wasn't expecting a sub to be needed or even helpful for 2 channel audio with those speakers. But I've never actually heard them, or any speaker at that level, so I don't know. Hence the question. Seriously awesome. Magicos are on my short list of what I need to experience if/when I go to an audio show or have an other opportunity to hear them.

10. Ortofun

Ortofun Well-Known Member

retrofunk!

Wow!

norman_frappe likes this.
  11. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Retrofunk,

Great stuff + SJ200, Strat and Teac Reel to reel. Wonderful.

12. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I don't really need the sub as it doesn't extend any deeper in the bass than the Q3s. But I have it, so I may as well use it. If anything it will spare the Q3 towers from the wear and tear of dinosaur stomps and explosions.

When I went to the Magico dealer's store I first listened to the S3 towers. There were a lot of things I liked about them, but a slight bump up in the upper mid range bothered me bit. As he had the Q3s in another room I figured I'd may as well check them out too. As soon as the first track started playing I knew I'd found my final speaker. As good as the S3 towers are the Q3 loudspeakers just up the game that much more. It wasn't subtle to these ears.

So, I went with the Q3s , but I had to forgo getting the matching center channel--something I would have been able to swing if I'd picked up the S3s.

Regarding flickr, I'll go to my account there. Maybe there are privacy settings I can adjust to allow that pic through. If not, I'll post the pic to another photo sharing site and try reposting here.

13. 33na3rd

33na3rd Forum Resident

I wasn't able to post directly from flickr either. I opened a photo bucket account just for posting here.

I've been able to link images directly from flickr to other sites, but not here.

That's a beautiful system!

14. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Thanks. I guess that's what I'll do too. Photo bucket, here I come.

15. DPM

DPM Senior Member

[​IMG]

OK, I think we have a winner.

So, once again, here's a pic of the Magico Q3 towers which have just joined my system--replacing my Hales Transcendence 8 towers. These speakers are avatar (canine) approved.

The Q3s were fully dialed in by the installer who had the laser measuring device to place them to within a gnats whisker of proper geometry. He also felt the room was over damped and removed 7 of my GIK panels/bass traps. (I've since returned two of them to their prior positions at the first reflection points on the side walls. The others I don't need anymore.)

The sound is to die for. This is the last stop for me as far as speaker upgrades go. I don't ever see me replacing these. I can't give a higher compliment than that.

16. Is that the emergency escape door? :tiphat:

17. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

Love the Staffie :)

18. DPM

DPM Senior Member

The room has a door on each end leading out to a balcony. I had to choose to block one. It isn't pretty, but the room has good dimensions with no major bass issues.

norman_frappe and Mazzy like this.
  19. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Thank you. She's a trip for sure. She only held still for the photograph because master promised her some peanut butter if she was good.

20. Bachtoven

Bachtoven ^^ Yes, that’s me!

Mine does double-duty as a stereo and a surround sound HT system:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Bachtoven

Here's a better picture of one of my speakers:

[​IMG]

22. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Purdy!

23. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

What's that bookshelf? I can't figure it out from your gear list.

24. Bachtoven

25. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

Dang, I was hoping they'd be like $600 a pair...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.