Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Forum Resident Thread Starter

(Continued from http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/post-photos-of-your-systems-rooms-here-part-14.376369/page-40 )

Is that changer mechanism still working well? Or did you have to repair it? It's one of those 100 CD-changers from the 90's, right?

Also, do you like the sound from its DAC? Or you just use it as a digital transport?

Sorry for so many questions. I'm just curious about those multidisc players!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    Gracexiong889 likes this.
  2. Douglas Souders

Douglas Souders Forum Resident

its a 300 disc changer and it actually sounds pretty good!

arcamsono and Halloween Jack like this.
  3. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Recently arrived. Fully testing the 2nd of two DV-RA1000HD units. The CD-RW900 has officially been decommissioned.

[​IMG]

dennis the menace, Kyhl and bluemooze like this.
  4. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Forum Resident Thread Starter

MacGyver, I like your Pioneer collection :righton:

I dig that 80's look. I prefer the classic silver faces but your Pioneer components stand up well ;)

Have you compared Pioneer (receivers, CD players) with other brands? No contest? Would like to know.

5. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Cliff, rocnred, Fruff76 and 8 others like this.
  6. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Stunning!

7. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Rafe, beautiful system my friend, simple, elegant and musical, congrats

Westerwick, donniewn, zeitlos and 3 others like this.
  8. testikoff

testikoff Seasoned n00b

Show-off!.. :D

9. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Holy cow, I cannot figure out what is better, your camera and photography skills or your stereo and stereo-building skills. I vote you keep them both so that you will be well covered depending on your mood.

10. MacGyver

MacGyver Forum Resident

not really, since i've pretty much hopped directly from low-end/midrange "make do" components of various brands to my personal choice favorites among late-80's PIONEER/ PIO. ELITE TOTL.

perhaps i'm being silly, but directly comparing any of what i have now to the place-holders they directly replaced seems unfair and generally pointless, i dunno.

what i DO know is that what currently have now is the best gear i've ever personally listened to anywhere to date, hands-down no contest. i imagine that that is quite telling of just how woefully inexperienced i am...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  11. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Some vintage and semi-vintage gear can sound great. Many people have discovered this after spending a fortune on modern equipment. The only thing that's important with audio gear is whether you enjoy how it sounds. It is worth it to explore (within your finances) and make sure you have ended up with the components that provide you with the most enjoyment. At the moment I'm doing 90% of my listening with two 70's receivers, an early 90's integrated amp and modern speakers. (I never sell anything which allows me to compare components)

The blue walls would be a little bit too much for me. :)

12. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

The Wharfedale Dentons arrived and I'm very pleased. A much more enjoyable listen than the EPOS Epic 2's. The Epics, while great, felt a little sterile - these are nice and warm, with a lot of detail. They go low too - no need for sub. Might have lost a little in stereo image, but overall I'm way happier with these. Will be interesting to see how a little burn in affects them.

[​IMG]

13. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Beautiful! I'd like to get a pair of these myself for a second system.

(Also think you are very smart for not intending to distort these babies with a sub).

Tim 2, bhazen and CrazyCatz like this.
  14. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Mercy!

15. skateaway

skateaway Forum Resident

16. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

Updated with GiK Acoustic treatments and new Parasound JC3+ phono preamp. It's a small 9x14 room so I have lots of treatments. Made a huge difference.

[​IMG]

The room doubles as my office. You can likely tell where my priorities lie.
    [​IMG]

17. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

The treatment must have been an abrupt change. How does it compare, before and after?

18. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Since you have four side panels, have you ever considered placing two them on the ceiling at their first reflection points? (ie leaving the other two side panels still at the first reflection points).

19. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

Before the treatments, anything louder than a low to medium volume (perhaps 70 db) would be harsh. Now I can turn it up over 100 db and still hear the notes clearly whether it be vocals, bass or lead guitar or whatever. Well at least until my ears start to hurt. 100 db is rather loud. I frequently listen at 90 - 95 db and it sounds great.

20. SR-71Panorama

SR-71Panorama Active Member

21. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

I wouldn't mind having panels on the ceiling but I wouldn't take a pair away from the sides. Using the mirror test, I need both pair to cover the first reflection point of each speaker. The one nearest the speaker is covering that speaker's reflection and the one nearest the seating position is covering the opposite side speaker's reflection.

22. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

gotcha. in my room I noticed a nice improvement with a ceiling panel (focused and clean mid-range, especially vocals), BUT this was a basement ceiling and is a little bit lower than your 7 ft ceilings....so I understand what you are saying. but give it a try if you do get the opportunity....

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    CrazyCatz, Subvet and timztunz like this.
  23. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Are those helmholtz tubes in the rear corners? Did you tune them?

24. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Stunning!

CrazyCatz and Rick H. like this.
  25. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Exactly! One of the biggest sonic changes I experienced with acoustic panels was when I did that.