Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Djohm

Djohm Forum Resident

Sweet! Still learning about tubes as I read about their sound signatures and interchangeability. Yours reminds me of boutique valves currently available. Thank you for sharing.

jonwoody likes this.
  2. hippieben

hippieben Senior Member

Thanks! I have spikes for them and just have never gotten around to putting them on. Its pretty thick carpet, but i think theyll still at least take the weight of the speakers off the carpet. Spikes do make it a pain to adjust the toe in tho. I may have to put them on…

Thanks! I found the 803s to be pretty sensitive to the distance from the rear wall. If you find them boomy or too bass heavy, dont be afraid to move them out into the room. Mine are nearly 2feet from the rear wall.

i love the blanket over your TV, I throw one on too sometimes. Ive ruffled jimmies posting pictures with the tv covered before

tyinkc and jonwoody like this.
  3. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Yes I only had them there for a day as I've been experimenting a lot lately with placement and another set of speakers. I also settled on about 2 ft from the back wall. Too bassy otherwise.

Crazysteve, Tim 2 and hippieben like this.
  4. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Gorgeous table. Looking forward to getting my HW19 this weekend.

asilker, jonwoody and Ntotrar like this.
  5. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

Just a little over one year now with the Sony speakers and I can easily say the honeymoon is ongoing. Most of the time I've been powering them with solid state (JVC), but recently put a tube amp (Audiomat) back into the system for the winter, and the Sony's still impress. Mind you the Audiomat has a bit of a solid-state sound signature, but the speakers allow the extra resolution to shine through. My first impressions when I set the speakers up last year were that they would be long term keepers, and nothing in that time period has swayed my opinion. These are the best overall speakers I've had 30 years in this hobby.

[​IMG]

6. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

I built these speakers for someone else, but they’ll be living in my room for the next couple of weeks for “break in and testing “ so I thought I’d share. Single driver BVR design with no crossover.
    [​IMG]

7. OC Zed

OC Zed Bludgeon Riffola

Wow! Gorgeous! How do they sound?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  8. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Waxxy that's great obviously high end Sony speakers are almost unknown in our hobby glad to hear yours are continuing to impress and please you!

bever70, Waxxy and Slippers-on like this.
  9. jonwoody

Those look fantastic okc I hope the owner loves them!

Slippers-on and okc_craft like this.
  10. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

I think they sound nice, but I’m not exactly impartial. They’re extremely transparent and fast though, imaging is good as well.

11. mjcmt

mjcmt Forum Resident

My 2.0 home theater living room system.
    Yamaha AVR and BD player, Rega integrated (not being used), Klipsch speakers, Panamax line conditioner
    [​IMG]

A_Lad_Insane, JUCO, Jaxjax67 and 43 others like this.
  12. timind

timind phorum rezident

Those speakers look great. Have you tried using a sub with them?

bever70 and jonwoody like this.
  13. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

I also have a pair of the SS-NA5ES and love them. I am running them with an Audio Note Cobra tube amp. They really fill the room with sound.

14. WildPhydeaux

WildPhydeaux Forum Resident

Been working on symmetry.

Cheers,
    Robert

[​IMG]

A_Lad_Insane, JUCO, criolf and 52 others like this.
  15. jonwoody

I think that's the first time you've shown your system nice Robert! Excellent room treatments and love the finish on your Spendors.

mreeter, WildPhydeaux and Slippers-on like this.
  16. WildPhydeaux

WildPhydeaux Forum Resident

Thanks Jon. The Spendors are a recent purchase. Still deciding what I think of them, but they are pretty.

Cheers,
    Robert

bever70 and jonwoody like this.
  17. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

Thanks and yes! I have a Velodyne Optimum 8 which does add some depth and space to the sound, but it's struggling to keep up with the speed of the Sonys...and it's a fast little sub! The speakers on their own have good in-room response, down to 45Hz with power! A sub is almost superfluous but I will continue to play around a bit.

Wow! Another user...I'd love to hear them on that Ongaku!

timind and jonwoody like this.
  18. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

Thanks Mr! I think most folks will never get past the Sony label. Actually I've been a fan of Sony headphones forever. I preferred the Sony sound to Sennheiser, Beyer, AKG. Those were all great brands, I have owned headphones from all 3, with great sound, but I kept returning to Sony. So I guess it's no surprise I also dig Sony speakers.

timind, Djohm and jonwoody like this.
  19. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Incredible speakers, both sets! What are the one's in back?

20. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

Thanks! The ones in back are my H frame subs, I’ve been running those for a while now and absolutely love them.

21. intensemojo

intensemojo Forum Resident

Just added my dream integrated. Luxman 509X
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A_Lad_Insane, JUCO, criolf and 80 others like this.
  22. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

Really nice !!!

WildPhydeaux likes this.
  23. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Try to get a copy of the debut album by 'Blind Illusion' ft. Les on bass (and produced by someone called Kirk Hammett)...crazy that some of the songs on this album were written in the late 70's.

hkm3 and Clonesteak like this.
  24. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Yeah, really liked his dry and high-pitched snare drum back in the day. I tried hard to tune mine the same way :D.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    Clonesteak and aunitedlemon like this.
  25. jonwoody

Congrats on your new amp and excellent setup!

sberger, intensemojo and Staxus like this.