Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Steemax

Steemax Forum Resident

Thanks!... SQ wise they are a different presentation. Much warmer. They are an upgrade in a sense due to their size, they fill my large living room with much more ease than the much smaller 704's.

jonwoody likes this.
  2. darkscarf

darkscarf Forum Resident

Looks to be this one:

Amazon.com : Desk Lamp with Wireless Quick Charger, USB Charging Port,Dimmable Office Desk Lamps with 5 Lighting Modes x 6 Brightness, Touch Control, Auto Timer 30

SpinIt and bever70 like this.
  3. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

When I first saw your post, my attention was drawn to your photo before reading your text.

The first thing I noticed was the rear projection TV. I had a 40" Mitsubishi back in the 90's. I couldn't believe there was still one that was functioning! Then I read your post and got a chuckle out of how you have re-purposed your TV.

Then I spotted the big box of Moon Pies!

pscreed and Catcher10 like this.
  4. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Very nice! But where are your Forte's and B&W's?

That is the neat thing about our hobby. You start out seeing all the spectacular gear that you never imagine owning yourself.

Then one day, you realize that now, you do own it!

And this goes beyond the gear itself. You discover that you hear music in a way that you never thought was possible!

5. geezin'

geezin' Forum Resident

Moon Pies and Royal Crown Cola.

pscreed, Catcher10, jonwoody and 3 others like this.
  6. SpinIt

SpinIt Musicphile

The cabinet is from IKEA. It’s part of their Stockholm line of products. I left the rear panel out to have better ventilation and better cable access. I’m very happy with it.

I power the digital engine room off with their individual power buttons. It keeps the CD player in some kind of standby mode, which is necessary because it takes ages to warm up properly. By the way, the CD player is a controversial one, even amongst Cyrus fans. Not for its sound quality, but for the build quality of the mechanical parts. I was actually considering to sell it, but then I got my new DAC…and wow! It sounds amazing and it’s a keeper. I got lucky with the mechanical issues so far, except for a small repair which I carried out myself. Funny enough the CD player now sounds a league better than with the Cyrus DAC I used to have.

7. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Cool I didn't catch that your Dac was from Copeland I used to have one of their CD players the CD 289 years ago a very nice player I can imagine how good their current Dac sounds.

SpinIt likes this.
  8. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Hell yeah. This hobby is definitely a journey of discovery. B&W's are in the bedroom setup. I'm rotating the Fortes with the Harbeths. I have the Harbeths rotating with the Fortes which are off to the side. Figured I might as well listen to the Harbys for a while until they sell.

SandAndGlass, timind and jonwoody like this.
  9. yamfan

yamfan Forum Resident

This is one of my favorite threads. Some amazing systems here.

Twinsfan007, matro5, pscreed and 3 others like this.
  10. SpinIt

SpinIt Musicphile

The Copland DAC 215 is amazing. It actually has a tube driven phono amp onboard, but I actually don’t use headphones. However it shows the philosophy of this DAC: it’s made for tube amps. And that’s also how I came to choose it: it works so wonderfully well with the Audio Note, it blew some similarly priced DAC’s out of the water in this setup.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    jonwoody likes this.
  11. Harris11235

Harris11235 Forum Resident

Your master switch question reminded me of a story my audio dealer told me. Apparently, there’s a guy in Minneapolis who wanted a giant industrial throw switch wired up as the master power switch to his uber-expensive system on a dedicated line, like Frankenstein’s workshop. I would like to meet this man.

12. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Lol...might not pass electrical code...but yeah who wouldn't want this!!!

Bananas&blow and jonwoody like this.
  13. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

I have a 60amp 600v oil bathed compensator/starter for motor testing in my shop....my wife says no way though :(

bluemooze and jonwoody like this.
  14. trd

trd Forum Resident

New toy day, a Line Magnetic LM-34ia to replace my 20+ year old ASL aq1003dt. I’ve been wanting to experiment with kt-88s and my ASL has been pretty finicky the last year so last week I bought a brand new LM-34ia and it arrived about 45 minutes ago.

Easy setup. Biasing is done the same way as my old integrated. This unit takes el34 and family tubes as well as kt-88s. It puts out 40w per channel, 10 more than my ASL. Nice to have a remote for volume control finally too.

Going to let it ride with the stock tubes for awhile to get a handle on its house sound before I dip into my stash of NOS and new el34s, kt-77s and 12au7s.

Big thanks to Taylor at Gold Print for getting me connected with the California LM dealer, Matt at Pitch Perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

Oi, that's a beauty!

jonwoody and trd like this.
  16. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Congrats! Looks great!

I think you'll find that swapping out those small signal tubes can make an already good unit sound excellent.

17. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I added a new woofer to my system...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Dred, Bingo Bongo, ubiknik and 68 others like this.
  18. jonwoody

Congratulations they really make great looking amps and that tube rolling flexibility is nice. Oddly I've never heard one of their amps but I've heard LM speakers they sounded great but were driven by Leben electronics at CAF same importer for both brands I believe.

timind, Glmoneydawg and trd like this.
  19. jonwoody

Awwww congratulations Rick certainly the best new acquisition you could make for your room! He or she is adorable what's the name?

20. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Awesome!

Glmoneydawg, Ntotrar and jonwoody like this.
  21. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Fergus or if you prefer the Scottish Fearghas. 9 week old Golder retriever. he, him male! I also have an eleven year old female Goldie named Fancy.

22. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

dogs are the best, congrats

23. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

Fearghas is beautiful. May he help you appreciate your surroundings evermore.

24. Barry_NJ

Barry_NJ Forum Resident

He's adorable!

And I've got some woofers too :D

It's a short video of some play time, and Tracy Chapman, if you click it ;)

[​IMG]
    PXL_20210717_234742754
    by Barry, on Flickr

25. jonwoody

You're a braver man than I that roughhousing is awfully close to your system!

IRG and timind like this.