Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. rockindownthehighway

rockindownthehighway Not interested

I can barely see from the high-res pic but it would appear you're a fellow lover of Audiolab CD players?

2. StuJM84

StuJM84 Forum Resident

It's a 8200CDQ and yes, it's a very good one to these ears. Can't fault them, the transport needed replacing about 6 months ago and they honoured the warranty despite it actually expiring months before

rockindownthehighway likes this.
  3. rockindownthehighway

That's very good news! I got an 8300 within the past 6 months and it's just wonderful. I didn't know what to expect but I love it. It's so musical.

However our local importer hasn't been helpful at all and when I contacted Headquarters I understood it's all done in China and nobody was able to or willing to answer me, they kept referring me to the local guy. Months of emails and in the end the USB DAC does not do DSD 11.2 MHz, unlike what the adverts seem to suggest. Not a big deal as I do have other DACs, but it was troubling to see how poor the support is. Glad to hear you had better luck and at least they stand behind the products.

StuJM84 likes this.
  4. Ben Toby

Ben Toby Forum Resident

Congrats on the arrival of your daughter!!!

StuJM84, Manimal and andybeau like this.
  5. andybeau

andybeau Forum Resident

Congrats on your new arrival, but start saving daughters cost a fortune :agree:, but worth every penny :sigh:

StuJM84, Shoalcove and Carter DeVries like this.
  6. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

Congrats to you and your wife on the birth of your daughter!! Nice set up and lava lamp. :cool:

StuJM84 and Manimal like this.
  7. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

8. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

A little bright and forward, eh?

Bananas&blow, Craig and Dennis0675 like this.
  9. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I’ve got an equalizer

10. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

OK! OK! I'll get off your lawn, mister!

11. timind

timind phorum rezident

When's the snow comin?

Manimal and Dennis0675 like this.
  12. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Yes

13. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

14. gov

gov Forum Resident

Oh that’s nice :edthumbs:

Dennis0675 likes this.
  15. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

16. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors

tweets at usual listening level - hardass on the rug, back to the couch, big-toes poking through my Acorns
    [​IMG]

arar, Starwanderer, PhilBiker and 9 others like this.
  17. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

In October 2017 I took a month off to renovate our third bedroom into a home theater/office. Removing the 50 year old wallpaper was almost the death of me. I thought it was going to be the project of a lifetime-literally. I did finally get it off and I painted the walls and installed LIFX downlighting. Vinyl was NEVER a consideration, my records had been in boxes for about 30 years. I would NEVER return to vinyl. The system was being driven by a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1070 A/V receiver. Here are the end results in October 2017:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In January 2018 I decided to get back into vinyl. After all, I had 800 or so LPs that after 30 years I had never gotten around to selling or giving away. Many of the albums never came out on CD. The turntable could not go with the rest of the equipment for several good reasons. The printer cart you see in the picture above became my turntable cart and the printer went below. I turned this into a little record corner.

[​IMG]

The 5' sliding doors for the closet area conceals 5' of Kallax shelves for the LP's and record related supplies.
    [​IMG]

Here is the latest incarnation as of November 2018. It became an expansive month as you will see. First the Yamaha was moved to the right and supplemented with a Parasound Halo Hint 6 Integrated amp.
    [​IMG]

Shortly after the purchase to the Hint 6, the Clear Audio preamp I was using was replace by a Parasound Halo JC3 Jr. The Hint 6 had revealed issues with the Clear Audio preamp I had never noticed before. Everything was now so quiet even a little record noise drove me nuts. The Okki Nokki in the closet was replaced with an Audio Desk Vinyl Cleaner Pro. My wife is so on board with the switch to vinyl and our nightly listening sessions, she gladly lets me keep the VCP on a small counter in the Kitchen.

The metamorphosis of the room is complete, which is a good thing because my credit card is smoking after this past November. The purchases of the Beatles 4 disc White Album 5oth box, the SRV Texas Tornado and CCR 1969 box sets plus RSD Black Friday didn't help either. Time to sit back and enjoy.

Sune, rocnred, easycraig and 38 others like this.
  18. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

New feet for the TT , matching the shiny platter :D
    [​IMG]

19. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

How do you like the Pioneer N30?

Fruff76 likes this.
  20. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Hi, where is this shelf obtained?

21. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Lucky, we have to replace our sump pump about every 4 years. Old house so settling and cracks are inevitable which means water getting in the basement. I had more downspouts put up around the house, which helped a lot but we still will get some water in heavy rain even with the sump pump running. If the power goes out then it can be bad. I need to get a generator. The house is 1963 but the basement is unfinished. My second system is down there but everything is on legs with a dehumidifier and two fans. I use area rugs and then roll them up if I get the feeling I need to.

22. Andre Acvedo

Andre Acvedo Sargento Primero

The Eagles - Take It Easy..:tiphat:

Manimal and Roycer like this.
  23. rockindownthehighway

Can somebody please link each of these to the previous thread? I'm new here and I spent a couple of happy weeks looking at 496 pages. I can't find parts 1-14 ;)

Delta17 and PhilBiker like this.
  24. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors

You could work your way back by going to the first post in each thread.
    Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 14)

25. rockindownthehighway

Dred, displayname, PhilBiker and 3 others like this.