Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Go on. What's the set? Also, I really need to wall mount the P6, doesn't sound the same on a dresser.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Besides, then you will have more room for dirty laundry. :)

Bananas&blow and Roycer like this.
  3. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

4. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

He..l yea!

5. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

NICE!

SirMarc likes this.
  6. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Man! Those things are bad to the bone!

SirMarc likes this.
  7. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Beauty

Bananas&blow likes this.
  8. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Wait till I get the black grill fabric from Dahlquist! I'll post a picture of them when I get them in and finished up if you guys are interested

Manimal and bever70 like this.
  9. Carlos Austin

Carlos Austin Forum Resident

[​IMG] Here is one of my systems. Currently auditioning the Outlaw in the pic, normally use a Musical Fidelity A3.5.

JUCO, insoc123, jdsher and 31 others like this.
  10. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Looks amazing. How are the rear speakers connected to the system?

Wired4Fun likes this.
  11. Carlos Austin

Carlos Austin Forum Resident

Just Incredible, Congratulations! Question for you, is there something you have to change when listening to stereo only (change system from Marantz?), as opposed to movies in 5.4.1?

12. ISF2018

ISF2018 Forum Resident

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary
    Yamaha R-N803

[​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, insoc123 and 45 others like this.
  13. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Thank you. The rear speakers are wired. This room is above the crawl space for my home (which is the entire size of the downstairs. The cables were run through the crawl space, and popped out on the rear walls, covered with decorative panels, and voila! Also, should a cable ever need replacing, it's an easy run!

14. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

@Carlos Austin The system essentially has TWO preamps; The C2600w when listening to music, and the Marantz 8805 for movies. When I am listening to music, none of the movie gear is hot. It doesn't even turn on. When I am watching movies, the Marantz kicks on, the C2600 goes into Passthrough Mode, and allows the entirety of the system to be powered up while letting the Marantz, not the C2600, do the processing so that multichannel is achieved.

This is all done by a combination of physical setup and remote control programming/triggers. Hope that helps!

Carlos Austin likes this.
  15. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Nor do people in Boston want me driving around here during storms, since I grew up out there!!

Oddly my parents in Seattle have had significantly more snow this winter than I've had.

16. Doctor Fine

Doctor Fine "So Hip It Would Blister Your Brain"

They are called "V8s" built by M&K for desktop use in studios.
    Rated within 2 db at 30 hZ.
    I believe it.
    Those little suckers play clean bass notes for sure.
    You may have to tighten up your room once they reside on your desk!
    They're able to be blended well and don't blur the imaging or add bloat in my setup.
    After you listen for a while and adjust the phase/crossover/gain the result is truly full range.
    As you move your head around in the field you can "walk over to the bass player" or "go see what the drummer is really doing".
    Or back out of the field to see what the entire mix sounds like and how well it comes together in the far field.
    The Spendors got a rave review (and I do mean RAVE) from Herb Reichert some years ago.
    Like most monitors there is a very slight rise at 4K for clarity.
    You can almost hear "too much information" about the soundstage, what's going on, cars driving by outside the recording studio, what microphone they used on the vocals etc etc.
    Things jump out in 3D which is fun and on a decent two mic recording "you are there."
    I immediately went back to my big room setup and added a bit of toe in to it once I got hooked on how clear and loud the "center channel" was with the little Spendors on my desk.
    Now I want to ALWAYS hear that big 0f a picture!
    The Rogue Cronus II has stereo subwoofer rca line outputs.
    I use some well shielded interconnects to keep the subs dead quiet and avoid stray studio hum.
    Big fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Lush

Lush Forum Resident

Thanks so much for the detail and info. Looks like this might be in the frame. Looking for ultra small subwoofer for a 2.1 system. I'd love to hear your desktop system, I'm sure it rocks. Cheers again.

18. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Always

SirMarc likes this.
  19. Bart1

Bart1 Forum Resident

I had been on some makeshift stands for some time trying to find the appropriate rack for my McIntosh main rig. Ran into this very cheap unit I wasn't afraid to modify to get it how I wanted (depth of the C41 was a real challenge). So after some additional bracing, a shelf added to the back, several cutouts, etc, it looks pretty decent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, izgoblin and 56 others like this.
  20. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I want to post pics, but I can’t figire it out. I uploaded an album to flikr, but now I’m
    Stuck. I’ve never used flikr.

21. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Go to your Photostream. Click on the picture you want.
    Click on the downward pointing arrow in the lower right corner...and the sizes will show up.
    Select 1024 x 768, and your picture will open in a browser window.
    Copy the url into the image icon here in the forum toolbar (it’s directly to the right of the smiley face)
    And post it.

[​IMG]

22. Fruff76

Hopefully this works. I just finished putting this room together over the past few weeks. It was inspired by my new JBL L100 Classics.

E60A8A21-135C-4584-ABF9-F5F9781ABB6B

I was having trouble with the pics, so let me know if you can’t see them

PhilBiker, Roycer and Eigenvector like this.
  23. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Yep, we can see it, but it takes us to your Flickr page. See the instructions right above your post in order to post it here.

Fruff76 likes this.
  24. Fruff76

I tried but I can’t get it. I’m using my phone and the print is small

25. Fruff76

It’s creating a zip file that I can’t open