Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Purplerocks

Purplerocks Forum Resident

Beautiful dog as well :)

PhilBiker and Cerealplayer like this.
  2. Ilovefooty

Ilovefooty Forum Resident

Yes, i believe so. The ANK mono block's give 40w with EL34's. To be honest, it's not enough power to really drive them. They sound great at low to moderate levels. I've auditioned 200w solid state and Class D with better results. So a change could be on the way.....watch this space.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I am updating this system from 3.5mm wire to Bluetooth receiver/amp. I built this dumb thing but everyone Loves it so it’s getting an upgrade. (Ps It was an iPod dock, now it will be a Bluetooth speaker).

[​IMG]

4. scottschecter

scottschecter Forum Resident

Great information, thank you very much.

5. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Marvelous. I have a Canadian Columbia mono pressing from the same era of Duke Ellington's "Anatomy of a Murder," and I'm pretty sure that it was pressed with US stampers.

6. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I don't know what it is, but I love it!

7. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

I recently reviewed system pictures going back to the 90s. Whoah. I noticed that the last time I posted my living room system there was hideous visible cables. I think this system will stay as it is for quite some time. The 400 CD changer full of Christmas music will be added for the season with the decorations. There's a Definitive ProSub hidden away for bass, and the rear speakers are in-ceiling Yamahas that sound better than you would think they should for what they are.

The black Velcro/zipped cable wraps are sufficiently clean looking that I don't think I'll be putting holes in the wall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  8. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I just found out why the bass is a liitle light and there's the tiniest little bit of tizz on top, the guy had less than 10 hours on these speakers! Man, looking forward to breaking these guys in!

Manimal, SandAndGlass, timind and 5 others like this.
  9. PhilBiker

Nice woofer!

Cerealplayer likes this.
  10. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

So these speakers are brand new!!! Big score for you!!!

SandAndGlass and SirMarc like this.
  11. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

He'll yeah man! 800 bucks for essentially brand new $1800 speakers. See why I ran out on a Sunday night to pick them up? Lol

12. Footsurg

Footsurg Forum Resident

They had to be. If the stampers were different then you would likely hear a slight difference. I agree with you.

action pact likes this.
  13. frummox

frummox Forum Resident

Gate to keep the barbarians out? :) Wondering if there is a way to somehow have the CD playing with info displayed on your TV screen. Something I'd like to do.

14. PhilBiker

LOL baby-proofed.

Sony Blu-Ray players, until just this month, if they were connected to the internet; downloaded Gracenote information for CDs they played (and DVDs, Blu-Rays, etc. but that was mostly just the title of the disc). Information included the CD title, track names, artist title, and even the cover image! I have a Sony BDP-S590 in my office system with a 7" screen there. This is what a CD looks like played there:

[​IMG]

Imagine that blown up to 55" in my living room. It's pretty cool.

Unfortunately, there are some issues.....
    * If I play a tagged file from my media server, it will not display the album cover. It will show all other tag info.
    * For whatever reason it doesn't seem to download cover art for SACDs either.
    * Sony is discontinuing this function on Feb 28. Termination of Disc Information from Gracenote on Blu-ray Disc Players and Home Theater Systems | Sony USA

The good news is that are implementing the Gracenote exclusion through a firmware update. On every Sony Blu-Ray player that I own I disabled auto-updates and notifications for the firmware. I've got my fingers crossed that the function will still work in March. Discussion here: My Sony UBP-x800 says Gracenote is going away in Feb. 2019...

15. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

It's a museum exhibit from the future. "And in our next room, we have bachelor life in the early 21st century. Don't touch! and please no flash photography!"

16. PhilBiker

Yeah so much for that. For reasons of optimizing my office system I determined that the Yamaha changer needed to come out of this room and go to the office. In addition to making that change I decided to let my receiver breathe some more.

[​IMG]

We'll see how long this configuration lasts. The Sony 5 CD changer will be used for CD and multichannel SACD.

17. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

What is the pole for? ;)

18. Noel Patterson

Noel Patterson Music Junkie

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You're all probably sick of seeing my room, but added an Energy sub (thrifted for $10!) to see how i like 2.1; love it and will upgrade the sub later. Also added the NAD blueray to double as a CD transport.

barfko, Smith, highway chile and 29 others like this.
  19. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

Here's my listening room, which occupies a room in my basement. This has been a decent space for the past 5 years, but I think I've finally maxed out all the good sound I can get from my current space, and my household may be growing to the point where I would face severely limited listening time if it were to stay in that spot. Therefore, I am planning to build a listening room that is detached from my home later this year - very excited about this!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JUCO, barfko, 16hz lover and 51 others like this.
  20. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

21. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Very nice gear, but man! Those are some absolutely lovely wood floors!

Tlay likes this.
  22. t3chnobrat

t3chnobrat Forum Resident

My modest setup, but it treats me right ;-)

[​IMG]

23. PhilBiker

Nobody repost their room more than me lol. I intimately understand your affection for the sub.

Bananas&blow and Noel Patterson like this.
  24. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Senior Member

That's a great Chameleons record.

25. Roycer

Roycer Forum Resident

is that salt rock a light?

SandAndGlass likes this.